The Loan Doc & Proc Lead Analyst is a strategic professional who stays abreast of developments within own field and contributes to directional strategy by considering their application in own job and the business. Recognized technical authority for an area within the business. Requires basic commercial awareness. There are typically multiple people within the business that provide the same level of subject matter expertise. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasional external customers. Significant impact on the area through complex deliverables. Provides advice and counsel related to the technology or operations of the business. Work impacts an entire area, which eventually affects the overall performance and effectiveness of the sub-function/job family. Individual must be accountable, ethical, results oriented, trust worthy, and credible. Responsibilities:
Skills: Must Have
- This role will manage preparing and reviewing loan documentation while providing support to a variety of tasks related to the loan process. Activities will include independently processing and closing loans within a complex loans operation environment. Subject matter experts who oversee the daily performance of the loan documentation processes to satisfactory completion of the daily operational cycle
- Develops and exercises business plans, policies and procedures, and demonstrates an ability to lead projects, offer innovative solutions and cost saving opportunities.
- Stays abreast of developments within the loan documentation/processing function and considers the impact to the business.
- Has responsibility for volume, quality, timeliness and delivery of complex deliverables often related, but not limited to loan documentation processes
- Accountable for integrity of process, operations and associated results
- Responsible for detailed analysis of loan related issues where the best course of action is not evident from the information available, but actions must be recommended/ taken
- Supports a wide range of internal clients (product, sales, client delivery, and technology) and external corporate clients
- This includes but not limited to assessing service quality and identifying areas for process improvement, service or technology enhancements
- Requires advanced analytical skills to filter, prioritize and validate potentially complex material from multiple projects, thereby defining problems and developing solutions
- Defines, develops, implements and tracks appropriate margin related KPIs and SLAs for the group
- Conducts discovery and due diligence activities with clients to meet their needs
- Assumes informal/formal leadership role within the team, is involved in the coaching and training of new recruits, and provides guidance and support to junior staff
- Builds effective relationships with colleagues, management, internal/external clients and stakeholders, as well as ability to influence them where necessary
- Creates, develops and maintains effective relationships with colleagues, management, internal/external clients and stakeholders, and seeks to understand their needs and provides solutions
- Persuades and influences or negotiate with others through collaborative communication skills
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
Skills: Prefer to Have
- Significant knowledge of business processes, systems and tools used in the loan process
- Advanced knowledge of loan processes and procedures
- High Level knowledge of risk types, policies and control measures and processes
- Advanced experience of operating in compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, and adhering to Policies
- Experience of using evaluative and ethical judgment to make decisions
- Experience of identifying, mitigating, resolving, managing and escalating risks and issues
- Demonstrates ability to view multiple perspectives, prioritize, adapt and multi-task
- Basic knowledge of accounting principles and accounting practices (e.g. US GAAP)
- Knowledge of loan products and loan services
- High Level experience of managing, preparing and reviewing loan documentation
- General awareness of the industry, competitors and trends
- Basic knowledge of financial products, such as cash management, treasury, the trade lifecycle
- Strategic Thinker, considers the end-to-end, adjacent impacts to the broader system; formulate strategies and innovate
- Ability to analyze and think critically and conceptually and interpretively to solve problems. Includes ability to identify opportunities, assess needs, conduct qualitative and quantitative analyses, synthesize insights and provide recommendations.
- Effectively communicate (written and verbal) and present with diplomacy; Ability to build and manage relationships through advising, collaborating, influencing, negotiating and persuading.
- Demonstrates an ability to plan (long-term, medium-term and short-term), create and manage budgets and reduce expenses / save costs
- Ability to manage, improve, and design processes and standard operating procedures, including managing KPIs and SLAs to monitor and enhance service quality and process integrity.
- Experience in implementing projects for system Implementation, technology enhancements through project management and coordination skills
- Leading, managing accountability and managing complexity; Ability to coach, facilitate and guide to achieve results
- 6-10 years of experience
- Advanced analytical and project management skills
- Sound knowledge of financial products
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to manage relationships at all levels
- Adaptable to changes and work well in a fast paced and dynamic working environment
- Bachelor's/University degree, Master's degree preferred
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
------------------------------------------------- Job Family Group:
Operations - Transaction Services ------------------------------------------------- Job Family:
Loan Documentation and Processing ------------------------------------------------------ Time Type:
Full time ------------------------------------------------------
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting