Are you passionate on developing best in class, modern, highly scalable platforms? Do you have a curious nature and innovative instinct?
UBS Evidence Lab is looking for a senior software engineer to join its Web Scraping team. The team's focus is development of our strategic modern, highly scalable web scraping platform enabling our Web Mining team to develop and maintain thousands of robots scraping Internet. This data is then used to empower a variety of financial and alternative data analysis. We leverage well-established engineering processes and techniques pioneered by giants in the tech industry.
No background in finance is required, so this is a great opportunity to get exposure to the finance industry. Think of the team as a well-funded engineering startup within an investment bank.
• Lead the development of web scraping platform for Evidence Lab.
• Become the go-to person for technical solutions.
• Own the analysis, refinement and delivery following business requirements.
• Maintain scalable code base via conducting code review, developing reusable code frameworks and documenting standards.
• Research proof of concepts & new technologies to drive platforms' long-term evolution.
• Coach and grow the development team. Your team
We are a highly specialized engineering team within Equity Research, designing highly differentiated and in-depth analytical products to facilitate the investment debates and answer pivotal investment questions.
• Experience in event driven systems (Kafka etc.)
• Experience in developing large scale cloud applications
• Experience using source code management systems, with Git preferred
• Excellent communication and collaboration skills
• Proficiency in writing unit and integration tests
• Accustomed with working in both Windows and Linux environments.
UBS is the world's largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we're more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.