As a Barclays Market Risk Regulatory Manager you will sit within the Market Risk part of the Risk Regulatory Oversight and Coordination team. The purpose of the role is to support the Risk Regulatory Oversight and Coordination team in ensuring that we comply with existing and upcoming prudential regulatory requirements, including those relating to our Internal Models Approach permissions from the PRA and other regulators. You will be responsible for assessment and advocacy in relation to upcoming Basel IV requirements, working with Risk regulatory SMEs and Risk stakeholders in Barclays International (including Europe, US and Asia).
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity - helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
This opportunity is open to flexible working arrangements. Such as working from home, flexible or compressed hours, and part-time options. If you have a need for flexibility, please apply and discuss this with us during the hiring process.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. We're flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. We also have a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally are able to request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances
Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
• Scanning and interpreting new and emerging regulatory requirements. Working closely with internal stakeholders to facilitate implementation of new regulations
• Managing and delivering both regular and ad-hoc regulatory deliverables, including those related to our model permissions. Ensuring requests are subject to requisite review
• Reviewing model changes related to market risk, co-ordinating regulatory submissions arising from these changes and communicate details with management and regulators.
• Supporting Risk-led meetings with regulators through preparation of supporting meeting materials, and ensuring notes and actions are recorded and tracked.
• Assessing our compliance with regulatory permissions, including permissions required under FRTB, through coordination of and review and challenge of the Capital Requirements Regulation
• Ensuring that communications and correspondence from regulators is maintained in the Regulatory Permissions Library.
• Acting as a Subject Matter Expert to provide guidance to risk colleagues and other stakeholders on matters related to market risk aspects of Basel IV and our Market Risk permissions
• Providing verbal or written briefings to Senior Business, Regional and Infrastructure management on regulatory trends, issues and remediation.
What we're looking for:
• Understanding of prudential regulations related to Market Risk, i.e. understanding of Basel IV requirements and IMA model permissions.
• understanding of Market Risk including product knowledge; and experience in related fields such as risk models, methodologies, risk mitigation and risk management.
• Numerical skills and ability to clearly write and articulate complex subject matter.
• Project management experience. Delivery focused - highly organised individual with strong attention to detail and ability to manage multiple tasks and deliver within tight timeframes
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Experience in interpreting regulatory requirements and ability to review and challenge associated regulatory processes
• written and verbal communication skills and ability to engage with internal and external stakeholders at multiple levels
• Interests in judgement and problem solving skills
• Control mindset, with a good understanding of the importance of a robust governance and control structure, and what that means for a bank Risk function
Where will you be working?
5 North Colonnade is home to our investment bank and is in the heart of Canary Wharf, just a short walk from our headquarters at Churchill Place. It boasts an array of onsite amenities such as dry cleaner as well as a deli and buffet style staff restaurant. The building is easily accessible by tube, docklands light railway and all major bus links. The atmosphere is second to none with a real buzz being created around the offices within.