The Role Responsibilities
Key deliverables include
- Client Coverage Data function sits within Commercial, Corporate & Institutional Banking (CCIB) COO organisation, and is responsible for data management activities within Client Coverage. The role-holder will act as key point of contact for successful planning and implementation of the risk management activities for all Data risks, such as Data Quality, Data Privacy & Secrecy, Records Management, Responsible AI and Data Sovereignty as well as related risks, which may include Information & Cyber Security, Access Management etc.
- The individual will lead risk, control and governance activities with focus on RCSA and development of Risk Treatment plans as well as ongoing governance of in-scope risks and processes for CCIB Client Coverage. The role-holder will work closely with key stakeholders to ensure effective delivery of risk management activities in CC and will report to Process Owner of Data Management and related processes within Client Coverage.
Risk Framework Management
- Understand and assess the impact of changes in Group's Policies and Standards, Regulatory requirements etc. on CCIB CC. Conduct gap analysis and work with stakeholders to formulate plans.
- Implement and maintain accurate representation in CCIB CC Process & Risk Universe in business forums as well as M7 system.
- Ensure documentation of CC processes, activities, roles & responsibilities are accurate and up to date.
- Brief any non-compliance to Global Process Owner, manage escalations to senior management or governance committees, and ensure necessary decisions made in a timely manner.
Risk Treatment and Periodic Residual Risk Monitoring
- Perform proactive risk identification and monitor CCIB CC risk profile for Data Management & related risks. Respond proactively to emerging and horizon risks, and address issues in timely manner.
- Manage rollout of the Risk Framework professionally and efficiently, closely tracking timeline commitments for provision of information and action plans, and for validation of actions taken.
- Ensure the ORF for remains relevant - adding and maintaining the Risks and Controls so that it reflects the true risk to the Bank. Enhance the Framework on ongoing basis in keeping with Industry best practices as well as Group's Operational Risk Framework requirements.
Stakeholder Management & Reporting
- Develop Risk Treatment plans for Client Coverage for elevated risks.
- Track actions across stakeholders to closure, ensuring that targeted timelines are met.
- Validate the design/ methodology as well as accuracy of results of KRIs, KCIs and other control testing metrics.
- Assess Residual Risk periodically based on controls' testing. Interpret and analyse the results.
- Drive the resolution of identified exceptions in collaboration with relevant stakeholders, to their closure.
- Maintain strong stakeholder engagement with Risk Owners and Operational Risk Team, as well as other Process Owners and Product Owners/ Programme teams.
- Interface with the Regional and Country business heads and their teams to assist with sharing of risk profiles and addressing areas of concern.
- Provide regular status updates including progress, top risks and issues to the respective business committee / forums.
- Manage actions coming out of various risk and compliance forums.
Regulatory and Business Conduct
- Spearhead internal & external regulatory audit responses and construct Management Action Plans.
- Review progress across stakeholders' actions; report to senior management & Governance Forums.
- Articulate to auditors the adequacy of actions taken to comprehensively resolve issues.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values, Valued Behaviours and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across the Bank.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate, and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Risk Framework Owners including CFCC.
- Operational Risk teams.
- Product Owners & Programmes for Standards Implementation - DPTP, ICS RTF Implementation etc.
- CIO Technology Working Groups & Other CC Process Owners across CC and CF.
- Client Coverage Process Owners & Data Team members.
- Internal and External Audit.
Core and desirable skills
- Any Graduate Degree from a recognized University.
- 10+ years of work experience in Banking and Finance industry
- Demonstrated expertise in operational risk framework, RCSA reviews, control design and testing, periodic residual risk assessments.
- Proven capabilities in process governance and documentation, ideally gained in the financial industry.
- Experience in writing risk treatment plans, engagement with risk owners for approval and tracking to closure.
- Experience working with business data management practices and understanding of the Risks related to poor data will be highly advantageous.
- Experience in audit responses would be highly desirable.
- Exposure to regulatory requirements across global regulators, demonstrated ability to understand policy, standards and procedural requirements.
- Knowledge of CCIB business, markets, operations and relevant policies, procedures and processes.
- Self-motivated, positive, organized, disciplined and meticulous.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Good time management and organizational skills and experience.
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- Ability to manage pan-bank initiatives by driving collaboration and participation across diverse set of stakeholders.
- Strong skills in negotiations, conflict management, and handling ambiguity.
- Ability to motivate team members, foster positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders at appropriate level ensuring open cooperative environment.
- Advocate of team multi culture and collaborative with commercial and pragmatic approach.
- Organisation and leadership skills with ability to manage multiple deadlines and effectively prioritise across numerous complex deliverables simultaneously.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including presentation skills.
- Focused, organised, results-oriented and having attention to detail.
- Effective analysis skills with a logical approach to problem solving.
Technical Competencies (Universal)
- Spot Opportunities
- Solve Problems
- Take the Lead
- Build Resilience
- Deliver Sustainably
- Achieve Results
About Standard Chartered
- Manage Conduct
- Manage Risk
- Manage People
- Manage Change
- Manage Projects
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do.
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well.
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others and work collectively to build for the long term.
- In line with our Fair Pay Charter, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations.
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum.
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns.
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits.
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning.
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
- some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers