Who we are looking for:
The Intern will assist in the performance of audits, specifically focusing on fieldwork and testing the internal control environment of State Street Corporation, globally. What you will be responsible for:
As a Corporate Audit Intern you will:
What we value:
- The Auditor is expected to become consistently proficient in applying audit skills in a relatively short time frame (6 months).
- The candidate should clearly demonstrate proficiency in evaluating and testing internal controls, assess risks and in applying audit skills.
- The Auditor will complete audit work papers and memoranda by documenting audit tests and findings in an automated workpaper program.
- The Auditor will communicate audit progress and findings by preparing reports and providing information in meetings.
- The Auditor will develop and write-up audit findings and make recommendations for review by the Senior Auditor and Audit Manager.
- The Auditor will stays abreast of industry developments including but not limited to changes in industry regulations.
- As skills develop the Auditor will be given increasing responsibilities to make independent decisions within the scope of the functional objective and audit assignment.
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- The candidate requires strong analytical skills, the ability to prioritize and must have solid time management skills.
- The candidate must have strong communication skills, both verbal and written, and be able to research industry regulations when necessary.
- The candidate must have strong interpersonal skills to be able to interact with key stakeholders within State Street Corporation.
- The Auditor must have the willingness to develop core competencies for financial services auditors and follow the guidelines established by Corporate Audit.
- The Auditor will be expected to develop overall product knowledge and business unit knowledge of State Street Corporation over time
About State Street What we do.
- Bachelor degree - undergraduate degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Quantitative Economics, Mathematics, Business Administration, Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology with a strong academic background (2.1 or above).
- The candidate must have strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- The candidate must have strong interpersonal skills.
- The candidate must have the willingness to develop core competencies in Audit.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers