Description About this role
Data Platform & Solutions (DP&S) ensures that all portfolio information (Core Enterprise Data) necessary for the investment management process is complete, accurate, timely and effectively controlled using the latest technology and tools. DP&S provides information services and solutions in support of all BlackRock and BlackRock Solutions businesses.
The Pricing Operations Group is responsible for the collection and validation of market prices for all assets and liabilities held in managed portfolios, as well as for the distribution of those prices to accounting agents and custodians, where appropriate. Responsibilities also include oversight of third-party accounting agents and custodian security pricing methodologies for proprietary commingled products, as well as daily verification of OTC derivative valuations. In addition, the team collects a wide range of market data including FX rates, interest rates, inflation levels, mortgage data and volatility data.
This role will assist in delivering on the vision for DP & S. The candidate will be required to advocate the use of technology to craft innovative solutions to help achieve a world-class data quality process. Responsibilities:
- People Management - Set goals and objectives and assess performance of direct reports.
- Governance and Oversight - provide thought leadership within the EMEA Pricing Committee. Ensure the Committee executes its responsibilities to the highest governance standards. Ensure the smooth running of Committee business, and that all aspects of Committee administration are maintained to the standards encouraged by Regulators and Auditors. Liaise with fund auditors, regulators, and key internal partners..
- Client management - Contribute to client due diligence visits, questionnaires, and Request For Proposal projects.
- Daily Production - Craft and propose to the Committee the fair valuation of assets as they arise of a day. Ensure fair value decisions are disseminated to Fund Administrators in a timely manner. Ensure issues or process failures internally on Aladdin or at External Fund Administrators are investigated and escalated in a timely manner to ensure deliverables and deadlines are met.
- Fund Administrator Management - Be the principle point of contact for Pricing Operations for Fund Administrators. Ensure they are held accountable and implement to standards per agreed Service Level Agreements. Own monthly service level meetings and conduct annual due diligence.
- Vendor Management - Liaise with market data vendors to ensure BlackRock pricing and economy data is complete, accurate and has the right service level from our partners and Economy data
- Operational Transformation - Work in partnership with Data Engineering teams to develop outstanding processes and controls for pricing and economy data.
- Project Management - Maintain inventory of active projects and technology requests, and implement to meet agreed delivery dates
- Ad hoc Requests - assist team with data requests, trainings and demos, business continuity efforts, valuation Committee minutes and other activities that ensure smooth running of the Global Pricing & Economy team
- Candidates must have the skills and ability to work in an entrepreneurial, fast paced and team-oriented environment
- Candidate will be part of a global management team, and must have flexibility regarding work hours
- A college/university degree in Information Technology, Finance, Accounting or another relevant field is preferred
- Candidate must possess excellent communication skills, both written and oral, combined with agile critical thinking and a problem-solving attitude to enable effective interaction with internal and external clients.
- Experience in a previous governance / valuation role, or related role is preferable.
- Experience in a Fund Administrator, custodian or managing outsourced service is a plus
- Working knowledge of Bloomberg, Refinitiv, ICE Data Services, and MS Office Suite, etc. is essential
- Working knowledge of Python, Jupyter Notes, SQL, Unix commands is preferred.
- Aladdin experience is a plus.
- Candidate should have at least 8 years' experience working in a similar role.
- Candidates should have a "Student of the Markets" mentality: Intellectually curious with a passion for learning about the global financial markets and the investment management business.
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and build positive relationships with internal and external partners including data vendors and fund administrators
- Practical knowledge of fixed income, equity and derivative instruments and their interaction with underlying economy data inputs where applicable
- Proven track record of implementing and improving operational workflow
- BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to age, disability, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation and other protected characteristics at law.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of employee benefits including: retirement investment and tools designed to help you in building a sound financial future; access to education reimbursement; comprehensive resources to support your physical health and emotional well-being; family support programs; and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. Our hybrid work model
BlackRock's current hybrid work model is designed to enable in-person connections and collaboration that is core to our culture, while supporting increased flexibility for all employees. In line with local health guidance and regulations, employees are required to work at least 3 days in the office each week, with the flexibility to work from home up to 2 days a week. Some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. The health, safety and well-being of our people will always be our top priorities; we will continue to monitor local conditions and health advisories in making decisions about our work environments. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to age, disability, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation and other protected characteristics at law.