Description About this role ETF and Index Investing (EII)
BlackRock's ETF Index Investment team develops and manages investment solutions involving multiple strategies and asset classes. The global team includes more than 145 portfolio managers, quantitative analysts, investment strategists, research analysts. We partner with clients to solve their investment and liability challenges by understanding their objectives, advising on solutions, and designing and implementing strategies that meet or exceed goals. EMEA Global Markets (ETFs)
Global Markets Team protects ETF Trading and works to develop the ETF trading ecosystem.
In our team we provide:
- Risk Management of daily ETF trading. We are responsible for spread controls and development of processes to supervise both creation and redemption orders, as well as on exchange trading.
- ETF Ecosystem developers advance ETF user experience. Experienced ETF specialists within the team work to align the industry to improve both the equity and fixed income market structure to reduce frictions in ETF primary and secondary markets.
- Product Managers combine ETF expertise and knowledge of market participants to work efficiently with operations and technology development teams, to lead all aspects of order processing.
In this role, you will:
- Serve as primary contact for broker dealers, market makers, stock exchanges and multiple teams internally for queries on trading iShares ETFs.
- Assist on strategic project initiatives, which will redefine the Primary Market operating model
- Conduct quantitative data analysis to facilitate business decision making and workflow improvements, using analytical tools and languages (e.g. SQL, Python, VBA)
- Improve risk management and product integrity through automation
- Collaborate with colleagues across BlackRock to deliver innovative solutions to improve the ETF trading experience for clients.
- High energy, self-motivated individual, dedication to excellence
- Flexible, responsive, and self-starting personality with keen attention to detail
- Confident; ability to challenge and detect risk is vital, to minimise trading and operational risk to the primary market platform
- The ability to communicate efficiently in a fast-paced environment and take care of multiple time sensitive tasks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must possess the desire and ability to work in a team-orientated environment
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills a must, with a basic interest in a coding language (VBA, Python, SQL) preferable
- Degree in Finance, Economics, Mathematics or Engineering is helpful
- Have gained, or are working towards an industry recognised qualification (IMC etc.)
- Knowledge of an additional European language is an advantage
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of employee benefits including: retirement investment and tools designed to help you in building a sound financial future; access to education reimbursement; comprehensive resources to support your physical health and emotional well-being; family support programs; and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. Our hybrid work model
BlackRock's current hybrid work model is designed to enable in-person connections and collaboration that is core to our culture, while supporting increased flexibility for all employees. In line with local health guidance and regulations, employees are required to work at least 3 days in the office each week, with the flexibility to work from home up to 2 days a week. Some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. The health, safety and well-being of our people will always be our top priorities; we will continue to monitor local conditions and health advisories in making decisions about our work environments. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to age, disability, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation and other protected characteristics at law.