The Role Responsibilities
This new role is under the Enablement Centre for Relationship Managers ("RMs") across Client Coverage ("CC"). The Centre sits within the Frontline and Business Performance Team which in turn is part of the broader CCIB Business Development Team. The team owns a portfolio of productivity and frontline capability enablement tools, frontline sales processes, management and sales insights engines and recommendation tools as well as coordinate strategic workforce planning.
The incumbent will work very closely with the Team Head and the RM Enablement Centre Lead to support the book of work. The current book of work includes the following initiatives:
- Air traffic control - Gatekeep the frontline's time by evaluating and challenging new process / product / system rollouts with RM / ARM touchpoints and / or client impact and signing off from a frontline lens.
- Frontline learning agenda - Represent CC and drive the creation of a global training curriculum for frontline roles and training programs for bankers across seniority. Work with HR to ensure active business involvement in IG and internship programs for CC globally.
- Frontline engagement and feedback - Regularly engage with a global panel of RM / ARM representatives to gather feedback, identify pain points and serve as the "voice of frontline" for other stakeholders e.g., COO, Product, Compliance, etc.
- Project-based initiatives - Act on the feedback from frontline to drive change via initiatives for process improvement, filling existing gaps, etc.
- Understand CCIB business strategy and the Business Development role in driving the delivery of our client proposition, commercialisation, and frontline effectiveness.
- Ensure alignment with the CC frontline, BPMs and Business Development team to ensure our CC strategy is seamlessly executed.
- Lead the design and documentation of the frontline activities; find the accurate platform to act as a repository of such documentation.
- Identify opportunities to optimise RM processes - driving improved sales effectiveness and organisational efficiency.
- Ensure strong frontline awareness of key operating model changes impacting clients, Relationship Managers, and the broader teams.
- Act as a point of contact and a gatekeeper for sales processes queries, communications and changes that would impact our CC frontline.
- Work closely with the RMs and BPMs to be a point of escalation across issues and concerns.
- Drive internal and external process improvements.
- Optimise frontline process flow and platform design.
- Identify key changes in process required to enable speed, accuracy, scalability and effectiveness.
- Ability to manage risk, make timely decisions, develop solutions and facilitate mitigating actions.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Ensure awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework in which the Group operates and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
- Deliver effective governance in compliance with applicable internal policies and external laws and regulations, overseeing changes in business controls as required.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Our Ideal Candidate
- CC MT
- BD MT
- CC Country Leadership
- Senior Bankers, GAMs, RAMs, FAMs
- CCIB CC COO Team
- Product COO Teams (TB, FM, CF)
- CCIB CC Conduct, Risk and Governance
- HR - CC
- Product Partners (TB, FM, CF)
- Legal, Audit and Compliance, where relevant
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- 5+ year of relevant work experience in Frontline and/or Business Management roles, in Financial Services sector.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively across multiple markets and navigate geographical and regulatory complexity.
- Ability to engage effectively at all levels of the organization, including senior management to shape and influence the Business Management agenda.
- Advanced knowledge of corporate banking products.
- Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values, embedding a high level of team engagement.
- Ensure ongoing training and development for professional and personal growth.
About Standard Chartered
- Knowledge of banking processes and policies
- Analytical thinking and strong presentation skills
- Addressing Frontline Needs - Products and Processes
- Direct experience in the frontline
- Has worked effectively across multiple markets and can navigate geographical and regulatory complexity (preferred)
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do.
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well.
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others and work collectively to build for the long term.
- In line with our Fair Pay Charter, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations.
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum.
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns.
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits.
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning.
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
- some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers