Description About this role
BlackRock Switzerland employs >120 professionals in Zurich and Geneva and manages assets of >USD 200bn on behalf of Swiss institutional investors and wealth management intermediaries. The company is licensed as a Swiss Fund Management Company supervised by the Swiss Financial Market Supervisory Authority (FINMA). This position is with the Country Management Team in Zurich and reports into the Chief Operating Officer (COO) of Switzerland. The team supports the Country Manager and COO in managing and overseeing all Swiss-focused activities including investment management, sales/relationship management and operations.
The Country Management Team is seeking a highly motivated and ambitious individual interested in working in a fast-paced, international environment as a member of a closely knit team. The candidate assumes a multi-faceted role which requires a passion for the Asset Management industry, a high level of flexibility as well as strong analytical, conceptual, organizational and project management skills.
The candidate will be working closely with the Country Manager and the COO helping them to drive their agenda in relation to BlackRock's Swiss platform including managing the Swiss Executive Committee (ExCo) and Board, supporting on day-to-day activities and projects, coordinating audits, interacting with regulators and industry bodies/associations as well as overseeing outsourced activities.
The position will require developing a strong understanding of BlackRock's business activities in Switzerland and globally as well as developing of a broad network with key stakeholders in- and externally. The role offers the opportunity for a junior professional to work with senior management and start a career in Asset Management. It will provide the candidate with a unique view and deep understanding of the functioning of a world-class organisation. Key Responsibilities:
- Supporting senior management in all activities related to the Swiss ExCo and Board incl.
- Preparation and coordination of Swiss ExCo and Board meetings and decision taking (incl. offsites)
- Preparation and coordination of management and regulatory reporting to ExCo and Board
- Maintenance of local governance framework (incl. policies) in cooperation with local Legal and Compliance
- Supporting management team on day-to-day activity, ad-hoc assignments and strategic projects
- Coordination of external and internal audits
- Preparation of meetings with and reporting for Swiss regulator FINMA
- Coordination of interaction with industry bodies/associations
- Supporting oversight over internally outsourced activities
- Development of strong relationships with various internal and external partners on local and global level
- Master's or Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance and/or Economics
- 0-3 years work experience in asset management, financial services or consulting with a genuine interest in asset management
- Fluency in English and German
- Ability to multitask and to work in a fast-paced environment
- High attention to detail
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Drive, flexibility and proactive work attitude
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Sound judgment, professionalism and discretion
- Polished written and oral communication skills
- Advanced Excel, PowerPoint and Word skills
#EarlyCareers Our benefits
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of employee benefits including: retirement investment and tools designed to help you in building a sound financial future; access to education reimbursement; comprehensive resources to support your physical health and emotional well-being; family support programs; and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. Our hybrid work model
BlackRock's current hybrid work model is designed to enable in-person connections and collaboration that is core to our culture, while supporting increased flexibility for all employees. In line with local health guidance and regulations, employees are required to work at least 3 days in the office each week, with the flexibility to work from home up to 2 days a week. Some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. The health, safety and well-being of our people will always be our top priorities; we will continue to monitor local conditions and health advisories in making decisions about our work environments. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to age, disability, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation and other protected characteristics at law.