Who we're looking for
Schroders Capital Real Estate is seeking a real estate asset manager to focus on the office sector with strong analytical skills to work across multiple UK real estate funds, based from our London office. You will be responsible for asset management initiatives, modelling fund level projected performance, asset level business plans, cashflow and income projections, and transactions. You will also be inputting into investor and internal reporting preparations.
About Schroders Capital Real Estate
Our Real Estate department is an integral part of Schroders Capital, the private market investment division of Schroders, and constitutes an important focus of the Group's strategy for expansion.
Schroders Capital is one of Europe's largest real estate managers with deep real estate expertise on the ground across real estate sectors. Investment strategies are offered in a broad range of open and closed ended funds, listed REITS, specialist funds, joint ventures, separate accounts and real estate debt.
The Real Estate team is highly experienced in real estate fund management, research, acquisitions, asset management and strategy and is comprised of over 200 people operating from offices across the UK, Continental Europe, Asia and North America.
Our investment philosophy is centred on consistent themes including investing in strong fundamentals, actively managing portfolios and delivering positive environmental and social impact. We adopt a research-driven and market-focused investment approach. Our dedicated Real Estate Research team identifies those sectors, cities and real estate characteristics expected to outperform, ensuring portfolios can benefit from structural change.
We moved into our new HQ in the City of London in 2018. We're close to our clients, in the heart of the UK's financial centre. And we have everything we need to work flexibly. We also have a growing office in Manchester where 11 UK real estate staff are based.
What you'll do
• Developing asset business plans and cash flows on selected assets. Consolidating plans in to the annual fund strategy statement.
• Implementing value add initiatives including oversight of leasing, rent reviews, capital works across a selection of assets.
• Oversight of day to day property management on your individual assets and consolidating / analysing monthly arrears and bad debt impacts on fund distribution
• Updating the excel based quarterly fund model - analysing income projections, cashflow requirements, market and transactional impacts
• Managing monthly fund capital expenditure schedules
• Providing assistance to the relevant fund manager on portfolio statistics required for investor reporting and helping to draft quarterly fund reports.
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
• Property experience - ideally RICS or equivalent qualification
• Strong knowledge of the commercial real estate markets and specific interest in offices
• Understanding of the sustainability requirements of property and specifically the office sector
• Strong excel modelling skills
• Understanding of the drivers of performance and value creation in property.
• Innovative and analytical with good attention to detail, and clear in providing outputs and rationale
• Strong communication skills both verbal and written
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
• Able to use Argus
• Experience working in the office sector
What you'll be like
• Clear and demonstratable interest in real estate and a career in asset management
• Professional with a high standard of personal integrity
• Highly numerical, diligent, organised
• Good communicator
• Curious and ambitious
• Confident in taking ownership of your objectives and efficiently managing your time to meet deadlines
• A team player, with a strong work ethic and commitment to the role, with an ability to perform under pressure
We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your background, race, sex, gender, sexual orientation, religious belief, age or disability