S&P Global Commodity Insights are recruiting a number of senior level positions responsible for providing research, analysis and expert insights on the global fibers markets. This role is an opportunity to utilize your fibers market expertise to develop and grow a market research and advisory business, and have a direct impact on our bottom line. As a key member of the team accountable for the strategic growth of our business, the successful candidate will possess knowledge across the broad spectrum of synthetic fibers including polyester, nylon, viscose, acrylic etc., from manufacturing to end use markets, especially the key players in the dominant Asia fiber markets. Knowledge of recycled polyester markets helpful. The candidate may already have spent time in market research and consulting roles as a specialist. The Impact
: The successful candidate will become the face of S&P Global Commodity Insights business for the fibers industry. This integral position within the Chemicals business unit will develop and present cutting edge industry analysis to our clients, utilize the latest tools to provide accurate pricing and supply/demand forecasts and have a passion for building long-term value for clients. The successful candidate will have recent commercial and/or corporate planning experience and bring with them a network of industry contacts. An entrepreneurial spirit with the gravitas to represent the organization across the C suite, the position requires world class presentation skills with the expectation the candidate will represent the company as a key note speaker at industry events. Qualifications Education and Experience
Skills and Knowledge Required
- Bachelor of Science degree required; chemical engineering, chemistry or polymer science preferred. MBA desired.
- Excellent English communication skills (Verbal and Written).
- 15+ years of career experience spanning multiple roles in a chemical or fiber operating company and/or market research and consulting experience in the fibers value chains.
- Strong technical understanding of manufacturing from an operational and market perspective
- Network of industry commercial contacts related to the fibers industry
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to synthesize and clearly communicate complex content, including writing detailed reports
- Advanced skills in Excel, PowerPoint, the use of analytical tools and business intelligence applications.
- Experience/knowledge of data analytics and data modelling, with keen attention to detail
- Understanding of the current and historical global fiber market dynamics, including supply trends, inter-fiber competition, realistic opportunities for investments
- Strong client interaction skills, exhibiting a high degree of customer empathy, providing the "why" behind the data.
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work autonomously and be able to work effectively and efficiently within a flexible global team environment to achieve results
About S&P Global Commodity Insights
- Candidate must be willing to travel, both domestically and internationally
S&P Global Commodity Insights enables organizations to create long-term, sustainable value with data and insights for a complete view on the global energy and commodities markets. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/commodity-insights/en
----------------------------------------------- Equal Opportunity Employer:
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.