The Wealth Data/Information Management Group Manager is accountable for data governance and management of Wealth business, which is the focus for the organization and complex, as well. Leads and directs a team of professionals. Requires a comprehensive understanding of multiple areas within Wealth as function and how they interact from a data perspective, in order to achieve the objectives of the function. Applies in-depth understanding of the business impact of technical contributions. Excellent commercial awareness is a necessity. Accountable for delivery of a full range of data related services to one or more businesses/ geographic regions. Excellent communication skills required in order to negotiate internally, often at a senior level. Accountable for the end results of an area. Exercises control over resources, policy formulation and planning. Primarily affects a sub-function. Involved in short- to medium-term planning of actions and resources for own area. Full management responsibility of a team or multiple teams, including management of people, budget and planning, to include performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary actions and terminations and budget approval. Responsibilities:
- The incumbent will be responsible for various data related activities, which include Data Profiling and Catalogue creation, Data Concepts mapping, Critical Data Element definition and Data Quality management, Data Lineage / tracing, Authoritative Data Source definitions and systems tagging, Business Metadata definition , Data - Business architecture / design engineering etc.
- Day-to-day focus includes resolution of complex data related business problems or transactions for the Wealth Business, where expertise is required to interpret against policies, guidelines or processes and guide the teams in the appropriate solution and the way to analyze and implement the solution.
- Role at this level usually has full ownership for one or more processes, reports, procedures or products, and may also be considered analytical or procedural experts representing a unit or team on cross-function process or project deliverables
- May supervise day-to-day work of junior level employees
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 10+ years of experience
- Experience developing and implementing analytical strategies (model and non-model based targeting, segmentation, and customer research) in the financial services industry
- Excellent relationship management, communication, and presentation skills
- In-depth understanding of the various financial service business models, expert knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and how to apply the techniques to drive substantial business results
- Creative problem solving skills with a passion to drive analytics
- Bachelors/University degree, Master's degree preferred
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
Job Family Group:
- An in-depth knowledge and experience in any of the Wealth businesses or Wealth products - across Capital Markets, Managed Investments, Leveraged Lending, Trust Services, Insurance and Wealth Advisory - would be required.
Decision Management Job Family:
Data/Information Management Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting