What the Hiring Manager SaysLevel
: 4 Department
: Quilter Cheviot - Training & Competence Location
: London Contract type
: PermanentWhat the Hiring Manager Says
A great opportunity for an experienced Training & Competence Manager to bring their skills and experience to own the T&C policy and full end to end T&C processes at QC.
Working closely with the business, this role will enable someone who is passionate about the importance of both regulatory compliance, alongside the continuous skills growth of a workforce, to manage and embed all aspects of T&C within the business.
HR Business PartnerAbout the Role
As part of a T&C team comprising this role, a T&C Coordinator and a T&C Project Manager (12 month FTC), the T&C Manager will manage, develop and provide governance and oversight to QC's T&C policy and processes.Key responsibilities for the role will include:
- Manage attaining competence process for all Certified staff (to include roles such as Investment Manager, Research and Dealing)
- Manage attaining competence process for Information Givers
- Manage relevant T&C processes for regulated supervisors
- Ensure new employees and supervisors are aware of their permissions and responsibilities
- Manage the annual assessment of competence process for all relevant T&C roles
- Attend individual IM inductions to outline T&C requirements
- Advise on exam requirements and any gap fill required for new joiners
- Advise on ad hoc T&C requirements, for example return from maternity leave/ long term sickness or T&C requirements when moving teams or roles
- Maintenance of T&C records in line with regulatory requirements
- Internal reporting on T&C, for example monthly report to the Risk Forum
- Regularly review and keep the T&C policy and associated documentation up to date
- Manage relationship with relevant professional bodies, such as CISI. Contribute to relevant working parties and attend appropriate events
- Keep up to date with appropriate regulation and provide guidance to management
- Annual audit of CPD records
- Support on T&C change projects as relevant
Applications from people with diverse backgrounds enables our inclusive organisation to thrive. If you feel you don't match our job description exactly, why not take a chance on yourself and apply? You could be exactly what this role needs.
Experience of managing a Training & Competence policy and associated processes within a financial services environment is essential for this role. Experience of T&C within the Wealth Management sector would be preferred, but not essential.
You will have detailed knowledge of relevant FCA regulations in relation to Training & Competence and SMCR, and knowledge of best practice of their application.
Ideally will have an industry relevant qualification, such as the IMC or IAD.
You will have good organisational skills and be able to balance managing routine daily tasks with cyclical events, as well as strong attention to detail.Core Benefits
In addition to our core benefits we offer a range of flexible benefits that you can choose from and pay for conveniently via a salary deduction.
- Holiday: 26 days
- Quilter Incentive Scheme: All employees are eligible to participate in our incentive scheme, based on the company's performance and their contribution to it
- Pension Scheme: 10% non-contributory company pension scheme that can be boosted through personal contributions
- Private Medical Insurance: Single cover as standard, cover can be increased at your own cost
- Life Assurance: 4x your salary, cover can be increased at your own cost
- Income Protection: 75% of salary payable after 26 weeks of absence