Overview of Division/Department
Our Corporate Banking (CBD), a member of our Singapore Corporate Banking Division, is one of the marketing team responsible for the promotion of the Bank's extensive range of products to non-Japanese corporates. This includes presenting European, American, and Asian multinational corporations with products ranging from FX and Derivatives, Loans, Trade Finance, Cash Management, Advisory Services to Structured Finance. Company Profile
Mizuho Bank is a leading global bank with one of the largest customer bases in Japan, and an extensive international network covering financial and business centers around the world. Job Responsibilities
Singapore based Regional Relationship Manager (RM) is responsible to drive Asia Oceania specific strategies and initiatives to penetrate new client relationships as well as further cross sell and deepen share of wallet of existing western parented subsidiaries within the Western MNC portfolio for Singapore as well as Asia.
The Regional Relationship Manager is responsible to originate corporate relationship (in-bound and out-bound), structure and execute transactions in coordination with product groups, network and support functions (compliance, legal, middle and back offices). In line with the bank's corporate network model, the RM's main thrust is to originate relationship that generate remunerative group-wide returns aligning with bank's prevailing return model and strategic direction, agnostic to product and geography. The Regional RM will be in charge of a portfolio of clients and in this respect, maintain the credit quality, performance and all compliance aspects (regulatory, internal standard) of the portfolio.
The Regional Relationship Manager may be assigned new responsibilities from time to time (new client segment, business initiatives etc) in the development of the bank's/branch's business. KPIs for this Front Office functions will include, among others, revenue target, client on-boarding target, product cross-sell, credit quality of portfolio, adherence to internal policies and procedures, compliance to all regulatory and internal standards.
The Regional Relationship Manager is a strategic professional who stays abreast of global geopolitical developments and contributes to directional strategy by considering the strategic influence over the business portfolio. This role requires an individual with acute commercial awareness, Sound technical authority on banking products. Mature and developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence, convince and drive solutions, especially with resolutions which require strong collaborations with colleagues in other areas and occasionally external stakeholders. Job Requirements
- Well educated with at least a Bachelor's/University degree : BA / BS in business administration, accountancy, finance, economics or equivalent; additional tertiary qualifications (Masters degree preferred) would be considered as a plus.
- 3 years of experience in International banking
- Successfully worked and developed his/her career in major Financial Institutions in Asia geographies with experience in corporate client management covering MNCs in Asia.
- Proven track record of origination/execution/distribution of successful transactions in a banking organization and ideally in a matrix structure.
- Display a good understanding of Asia markets, culture and business practices.
- Demonstrate good track record of excellent customer relationship management across corporate, multinational organizations.
- Showcase good knowledge in banking product landscape, including Transaction Banking, Corporate Lending, Financial & Capital Markets, Project Finance, Islamic Finance, etc .
- Present good understand Industry trends, with sensitivity as to how it applies to Global subsidiary clients.
- Project ability to work as a team across multiple functions and geographies, especially with Global Account Managers to provide seamless solutions to the Client in line with their global strategy & policy.
- Proactively identify opportunities to structure innovative solutions and cross-sell the full range of products tailored to customer needs and requirements, increasing share of wallet.
- Ensure assigned portfolio complies with all bank credit and KYC requirements as appropriate.
- Show sound knowledge of banking and investment products and process as well as a track record of providing sound banking and financial advice and solutions to clients.
- Demonstrate sound credit skills by being able to structure more complex deals, which can include capital market transactions.
- Demonstrate advanced level of Early Warning Detection skills, advanced credit skills; able to structure all type of credit deals.
- Work effectively in team setting; coordinate multi-functional teams to provide an exceptional client experience, involving excellent interpersonal, communication and influencing skills (e.g. negotiation, consultative skills, leadership)
- Ability to work under pressure while making sound decisions, highly focused, able to rapidly identify key priorities, clearly communicate the priorities.
- A proactive approach in looking for ways in strengthening business relationship with clients, delivers a simple, secure and seamless client experience.
- Passion for creating new business opportunities with existing clients and able to demonstrate innovative approaches to meeting clients' needs.
- Ability to embrace new technology and understand the role dig.ital plays in the experience we deliver for our clients.
- Able to quickly adapt priorities based on the latest data insights.
- In collaboration with the Head of Asia & Oceania GM and Singapore Head, to ensure the development, and execution, of a clear Asia strategy that is aligned to the strategy of global Wholesale Banking, and specifically to the Asia geography and Group Coverage Team strategies around the targeted Client base.
- Regularly assess the Group competitive position in core markets, feedback and work towards enhancements to the Group Wholesale Banking business by adopting best market practices wherever possible.
- Contribute actively to the development and implementation of a best-in-class solution of Corporate Lending, Transaction Banking, Specialized Finance and Financial Markets, to support a broadening and deepening of Group Coverage Client base.
- Drive Business-Support initiatives with regular reviews of performance/efficiencies and solutions/dependencies respectively.
- To assist the relevant senior members of the management team to effectively manage the overall regulatory position of Wholesale Banking business within satisfactory parameters.