Jupiter is one of the UK's leading investment management companies with just over 500 employees and £48.8 billion worth of assets under management (as at 30th June 2022).
Jupiter provides investment services to individual and institutional investors through mutual funds (UK unit trusts, Luxembourg SICAVs and Dublin OEICs), separately managed accounts and sub-advised funds. Jupiter has experienced a period of international growth with offices open in EMEA, APAC and the US.
The majority of our employees are based in our London office located just minutes from Victoria station which provides stair-free access from both the Underground's Victoria line and National Rail platforms, as well as limited road crossings to the Jupiter office. Our London office was designed to encourage employees to live active, healthy lives with floor-to-ceiling windows that allow for greater natural light and the benefit of a private balcony, table tennis room, cycle storage and on-site shower and locker facilities. The short distance to Green Park and St James' Park also provides employees with a natural space to relax during their lunch break and a healthy alternative to office-based meetings.
We offer our UK employees a 2-1-2 hybrid working arrangement where Tuesdays, Thursdays and a third day of your choice are worked from the office. The other two days may be worked from home. This facilitates collaboration and allows employees to maximise productivity whilst maintaining a healthy work/life balance.Background
This is an exciting opportunity to join Jupiter's Emerging Markets Debt (EMD) team as a Credit Analyst with an ESG focus. The Analyst will be responsible for conducting ESG analysis and providing analytical research mainly focused on EM Corporates/Financials, as part of a broader research team with sector and regional responsibilities. Additional responsibilities will include marketing and investment management support to the Fund Management team.Key Responsibilities
- Conduct ESG analysis on EM issuers, provide ESG recommendation and engage with issuers.
- Help create an ESG database along with other ESG stakeholders in the Company.
- Complete bespoke quantitative and qualitative research on corporate sectors or issuers relating to the Fund Managers' investment strategies.
- The analysis may be across multiple sectors, driven by portfolio considerations, economic environment, news backgrounds etc.
- Share and discuss analysis with other team members as well as other fund management teams.
- Attend research meetings internally and externally.
- Present internally and externally where appropriate, such as at the weekly investment meetings.
- Maintain and produce databases of Credit and ESG information on corporate issuers within coverage remit.
- Assist with preparation of marketing presentations.
- Assist marketing with production of month end data.
- Assist with weekly valuations.
Compliance, risk, governance, and legal responsibilities:
Desired Skills / Experience
- Act in accordance with the FCA's Treating Customers Fairly principles;
- Adhere to Compliance requirements (including FCA rules, Anti Money Laundering regulations and HMRC requirements) and internal procedures
- Manage risk within area of responsibility in order to mitigate errors and breaches
- Meet responsibilities as documented in the Disaster Recovery Plan
Additional Role Details
- 1-4 years' relevant experience in an investment (ideally credit) focussed role
- Skills / interest in building financial models and financial analysis
- Interest in ESG analysis and keenness to develop skills in this area
- Fundamental research skills & knowledge of credit analysis.
- Ability to produce clear and appropriately documented analysis in timely fashion
- Highly numerate with attention to detail.
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills.
- Resilient - able to cope in a fast moving and challenging environment
- IT skills including strong Excel, PowerPoint, Bloomberg and proficient with technology.
- This role is subject to the Conduct Rules set by the FCA.
- This role is a certified position under the SMCR.