Bloomberg is the global leader in business and financial data, news and insight. Using the power of technology, we connect the world's decision makers to accurate information on the financial markets - and help them make faster, smarter decisions. Our Team:
Modern finance teams have an increasing dependence on quality data. While valuable, the sheer volume of the data available can be overwhelming, making it difficult to tell compelling stories about performance, strategy, and prospects. That's where our team comes in.
BQuant is a fully managed Jupyter-Python programming environment in the Bloomberg Terminal. It provides access to data, rich visualizations, financial specific analytics, integration with Bloomberg enterprise systems, and the ability to publish applications to other Bloomberg Terminal users within their firm. We are building the next generation of BQuant. The portal is an external client-facing, web-based "one-stop shop" portal that our clients use to manage various aspects of their BQuant projects and workflows.
We're looking for new team members as we expand to a web client-facing version of our system. Through this initiative, we will continue developing new features in our existing Bloomberg application to accommodate more complex workflows for our users. As we iterate quickly and constantly, we'll continue maintaining a high standard of software best practices and ensure our system can scale to accommodate the growth of our user base.
We are constantly improving our experience for the benefit of new and existing clients, and are looking for someone who excels at owning and understanding product requirements, not just building them. Just as with other teams within Bloomberg, we are devoted to delivering quality software quickly! What's in it for you:
We'll trust you to:
- For this role, you will help with the efforts on creating a public facing website which enables our clients to learn to develop applications on Bloomberg's BQNT platform.
- Opportunity to regularly present work to senior stakeholders at Bloomberg, including our CTO.
- Making a significant impact on a highly visible, new product within a large organization.
- Work closely with the learning sciences team.
You'll need to have:
- Own the technical design and implementation of cross-functional, multi-platform, front-end applications using React/Redux.
- Help define our frontend architecture, coding standards, and best practices.
- Develop new user-facing features.
- Build efficient and reusable UI components.
- Collaborate with Product and UX teams to learn client use cases and ensure the technical feasibility of any designs.
- Contribute to product vision.
- Regularly present and explain your work to peers and senior stakeholders.
- Mentor and guide junior members of the team.
- Be able to excel in a collaborative agile environment.
- Be part of the full development life cycle, from back-end services to front-end development and automated testing, including visual regression testing.
We'd love to see:
- 5+ years of professional web development experience in a production environment.
- 5+ years experience with common front-end technologies, such as React, Angular, Webpack, Yarn, etc.
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related technology field.
- Experience building and maintaining component libraries.
- Previous involvement in developing and leveraging web analytics.
- Some background in full-stack development.
- Familiarity with design tools such as Figma.
We recently posted a "meet the team" blog post, check out the link below to get to know our SF engineering office!
https://www.techatbloomberg.com/blog/meet-the-teams-sf-engineering/ Other links:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Salary Range: 160,000 - 240,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.
We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.