The firm seeks to add an investment professional with at least three years of individual taxable and tax-deferred portfolio management/trading experience at a fee-only wealth management firm (CFA Charterholder or Candidate preferred). The trading involves mostly publicly-traded, highly liquid assets.
To be successful in this role, one must be a motivated team player who possesses the ability to successfully work in a collaborative and fast-paced environment. A successful candidate is willing to take ownership and accountability for their actions and is enthusiastic and capable of advancing their knowledge and understanding beyond the scope of their specific functions.
Summary of Qualifications
The ideal candidate should possess an understanding of asset allocation, tax strategies, and experience with trading equity and fixed income instruments.
The candidate will be responsible for successfully processing security transactions for client portfolios as directed by the firm’s investment committee and individual advisors. This includes performing centralized trade analysis and compliance for client portfolios using rebalancing software. This position requires assisting other members of the team with the delivery of integrated services to clients. Consistently exercising strong analytical skills and working with a sense of urgency and accountability is required to establish and maintain credibility and confidence within and outside of the organization.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Execute daily trades, including portfolio/account rebalancing
- Manage rebalancing system and define strategy trading parameters as directed by the firm’s investment committee
- Monitor portfolios to confirm that all portfolios are in compliance with strategy guidelines
- Proactively monitor custodian and internal alerts on a daily basis for change
- Act as the systems manager for firm’s portfolio trading rebalancer, including data maintenance, reporting and special projects
- Oversee, monitor and actively participate in the implementation and maintenance of portfolio strategies to ensure that portfolios are within risk tolerance constraints and comply with client securities guidelines and restrictions
We seek an exceptional, investment-focused individual with a curious mind, an enthusiasm for learning, excellent social skills, a genuine service orientation, who is a strong team player, and is comfortable working in a collaborative environment.
Additional Responsibilities include:
- Assisting in the analysis of prospect portfolios and the preparation of marketing materials to pitch new clients
- Identifying and performing due diligence on alternative investments
- Writing economic and market analysis considered a plus
- Initial salary based on experience and credentials.
- Significant long-term upside compensation potential.
- Benefits include disability and health insurance, and 401(k) and profit-sharing plan.
- Generous vacation policy.
- Fantastic working environment and location.