At M&G our purpose is to help people manage and grow their savings and investments, responsibly.
As a business, we are continuing to take steps towards a sustainable future, delivering better long-term solutions for our customers and clients and identifying new opportunities to make a positive impact for our environment and communities . To help us achieve our vision we're looking for exceptional people who live our values of care and integrity and who can inspire others; embrace change; deliver results and keep it simple.
We will consider flexible working arrangements for any of our roles and also offer work place accommodations to ensure you have what you need to effectively deliver in your role. Customer Journey Owner:
The Customer Journey Owner is pivotal to underpinning our overall strategic and is accountable for delivering our journey performance across the Heritage business. This role exists to provide one clear owner of all journey performance and the improvement programmes that underpin this so ultimately delivering consistently great outcomes for each of our customers.
Each Customer Journey Owner will support the Head of Journey Management in managing the overall customer journey and experience performance and in defining and delivering an improved future state customer journey and effective customer outcomes. The role holder will have accountability for customer journey performance and all journey related KPIs through operational, customer and risk lenses.
Through a combination of customer led insight, expert knowledge of business process and sector best practice they will develop and manage their own portfolio of journey improvement initiatives. They have responsibility for the creation and prioritisation of journey improvements plans and the day-to-day management of journey KPI frameworks so that performance can be measured, and the integrity of the end-to-end journey is maintained. Key Responsibilities for this role:
Key Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Accountable for the end-to-end customer journey performance and targets in relation to operational cost, customer satisfaction scores, self-serve performance and proactively managing the customer journey risk framework
- Support and input to the development and then utilization of M&G customer journey management methodology; Leading the detailed mapping of all 'as is' current and 'to be' future state journeys, establishing clarity over key performance KPIs, pain points, areas of failure, customer communication gaps etc and from this articulate an effective performance management and improvement opportunity summary
- Define the vision for their respective journey including development of the to be state for each journey so the business has a clear articulation of the desired experience our customers require and expect
- Accountable for identification and prioritisation of Journey Improvements and initiatives in order to achieve Journey KPIs; operational cost reduction, customer satisfaction scores, self-serve targets and digital KPIs
- Responsible for decision making in relation to identifying, prioritising and proving the value of both strategic and tactical customer journey initiatives and utilising intra and outside function support to mobilise cross functional teams that deliver these live into the business
- Lead cross functional teams to gain agreement to a range of both tactical and strategic initiatives underpinned by customer insight and data led business cases in order to ensure the overall improvement priorities deliver the desired outcome. Work with the improvement team to ensure a pragmatic approach to delivery of this so benefit is maximised whilst progress towards the end state is made.
- To quantify costs and benefits of business cases for specific Customer Journey initiatives and facilitate the approval and sign off of investment via Senior Management /governance structure
- Accountable for the performance of our journey digitisation programme and the achievement of self-serve performance leading to reduction in calls and paper across the Heritage business
- Proactively use actionable insights, conduct and enlist analytical support to identify areas of opportunity to improve the experience over and above the removal of dissatisfaction.
- Accountable for management of journey reporting, setting appropriate journey performance targets and influencing key stakeholders to support delivery of these
- Advanced knowledge of 'best in class' customer journey management methodology, customer transformation approaches and regulatory obligations involved in leading customer led transformation
- Advanced knowledge of multi-channel distribution and customer led transformation into a complex and regulated financial services or service environment
- Advanced knowledge of customer and journey improvement programme construction and business case development
- Extensive experience in defining and delivering effective omni-channel experience & journey improvement programmes
- Significant experience in the customer journey management across multi-product and process environments
- Expert ability to translate and assimilate complex and multiple data sources into impactful and impressive conclusions and communicate these effectively. Ability to decipher the 'bigger picture' and disseminating that into tangible outcomes
- Experience in Process redesign and improvement activity
- Strong experience in understanding customer needs, behaviours and development of actionable insight from multiple data sources
- Transformation mindset - able to challenge the status quo and deliver results through a complex and resistance to change culture
Work Level: Manager / Expert
Recruiter Name: Amy Curtis
Location: Stirling or Reading
Closing Date: 29/11/2022
We have a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture at M&G plc, underpinned by our policies and our employee-led networks who provide networking opportunities, advice and support for the diverse communities our colleagues represent. Regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, nationality or disability we are looking to attract, promote and retain exceptional people. We also welcome those who take part in military service and those returning from career breaks.