At M&G our purpose is to help people manage and grow their savings and investments, responsibly.
As a business, we are continuing to take steps towards a sustainable future, delivering better long-term solutions for our customers and clients and identifying new opportunities to make a positive impact for our environment and communities . To help us achieve our vision we're looking for exceptional people who live our values of care and integrity and who can inspire others; embrace change; deliver results and keep it simple.
We will consider flexible working arrangements for any of our roles and also offer work place accommodations to ensure you have what you need to effectively deliver in your role. Journey Communications Owner:
The role of Journey Communications Owner is pivotal in driving customer experience communications change, ensuring we have a coherent and effective Existing Customer and Servicing offering.
The Journey Communications Owner is a senior role within the Communications team, responsible for setting the direction of and transforming our existing customers and advisers communications experience. Tasked with developing and delivering a compelling and consistent communications strategy. Responsible for setting our improvement priorities and working across the business delivering cross journey improvement programmes of activity focused on strategic priorities.
The role holder will work with their stakeholders across the wider business, alongside the operational area and in conjunction with outsourced partners to ensure changes are proactively planned in and when delivered drive the expected improvements in service, customer experience and customer outcomes. Key Responsibilities for this role:
Key Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Accountable for all journey and operational communications for the respective journeys owned. Ensuring all communications, touchpoints and contact through a channel agnostic approach delivers the most effective customer journey/process/experience. This is measured by an increase in both customer and business metrics e.g. CSAT, reduction in phone contact, delivery of consumer duty outcomes
- Accountable for understanding the underlying root cause of journey communication issues and for prioritising these to ensure the best and greatest impact on overall customer satisfaction performance
- To own and lead our longer term customer journey communications strategy - accountable for defining the overall e customer communications and touchpoint outcome strategy e.g. communication principles, design, channel hierarchy etc. Work alongside the journey owners to influence the overall wider journey experience in relation to all things communication/contact related
- Build and maintain effective working relationships across the Heritage business (including 3rd parties) and use these to facilitate and successfully deliver a significant portfolio of tactical and strategic customer experience communication projects
- Accountable for identification, prioritisation and delivery of communication changes which upgrade the overall journey and improve the overall journey satisfaction.
- Develop and manage their own portfolio of specific customer experience communication initiatives, through a combination of customer led insight; expert knowledge of business processes; and sector / retail best practice
- Accountable for developing customer impact and commercial justification and achieving sign off in order to effect improvements in experience and service - thereby improving customer satisfaction and other KPI's
- Create best in class customer journey communication strategy, messaging and content, ensuring communications work for our customers, provide the right information, set expectations and build confidence in M&G
- Accountable ownership of all journey and operational collateral ensuring that there is a clear catalogue, version control and appropriate approval maintained
- To own and gate keep all journey communication changes and to ensure that these changes are appropriate for the customer, delivered in a consistent, integrated and relevant way
- Expert knowledge of Customer Journey and Operational Communications Design and what drives customer behaviour
- Knowledge of the FS industry and in particular how great communications impacts customer comprehension and experience
- Detailed knowledge of our target customers and their needs, behaviours, instincts and experiential requirements
- Detailed knowledge of operational communications and the impact these have in service environment as well as the restrictions and guidelines applied in regulated financial services industries
- Experienced in developing and delivering fully integrated communication change programmes
- Strong experience of turning customer feedback into tangible improvement and concepts.
- Strong experience of being able to utilise customer and business feedback to identify clear set of priorities across customer communications
- Experience of customer journey communications and operational communications design.
- Experience of structured thinking and logical reasoning, and the ability to translate this through to solutions
- Significant experience in delivering complex, diverse, ambiguous messages - converting them into clear, understandable communications
Work Level: Manager / Expert
Recruiter Name: Amy Curtis
Location: Stirling or Reading
Closing Date: 29/11/2022
We have a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture at M&G plc, underpinned by our policies and our employee-led networks who provide networking opportunities, advice and support for the diverse communities our colleagues represent. Regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, nationality or disability we are looking to attract, promote and retain exceptional people. We also welcome those who take part in military service and those returning from career breaks.