Job Description: Your background
What you can expect
- Typically has 4-6 years' experience in IT production support or equivalent.
- Proven team player who can work comfortably in a multicultural environment
- Proven ability to work independently, multi task and effectively work in a complex environment with a global team structure
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; Strong influencer, facilitator, and collaborator.
- Must be pro-active, enthusiastic, flexible, results driven with attention to detail.
- Knowledge of Splunk, Introscope, Sitescope, Tivoli Netcool/WebGUI, Gomez
- Experience with Java Virtual Machine, Unix/Linux OS, Windows, MQ, OOS/Webmethods
- Experience in a large IT production support environment
- Basic understanding/exposure to ITIL/ITSM.
- Ability to work in non-contiguous shifts including the potential for weekend days.
Event Incident Management (EIM) is responsible for providing 24X7 end to end detailed monitoring and support of all infrastructure and application components critical to the Bank of America Customer Facing Platform Technology (CFPT) TI. This includes monitoring of the network, databases, middleware, backup, storage, application specific and operating system specific components with the goal of proactively identifying and resolving performance issues prior to interruption of services to the customer.
Proficient to work fairly independently on the most complex projects, and often on multiple phases. Has working knowledge of business or function for which technical support is needed to diagnose or resolve problems. Often responsible for the completion of a phase of a project. Provides guidance and checks the work of less experienced associates. The Chief Technology Organization:
What you will do
- Believes diversity makes us stronger so we can reflect, connect and meet the diverse needs of our clients and employees around the world.
- Is committed to building a workplace where every employee is welcomed and given the support and resources to perform their jobs successfully.
- Wants to be a great place for people to work and strives to create an environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals.
- Provides continuous training and development opportunities to help employees achieve their career goals, whatever their background or experience.
- Is committed to advancing our tools, technology, and ways of working to better serve our clients and their evolving business needs.
- Believes in responsible growth and is dedicated to supporting our communities by connecting them to the lending, investing and giving them what they need to remain vibrant and vital.
About Bank of America
- Use of monitoring tools to proactively identify and research potential production incidents.
- Respond to alerts regarding potential production incidents.
- Escalate to advanced support as needed for problem resolution.
- Perform trending and analysis using monitoring tools and reports in order to proactively identify and address potential issues prior to production impact.
- Perform all environment routing, cycling, and implementation of splash pages.
- Partner with Change Operations to support all Change implementations and proactively identify potential issues resulting from the changes.
- Identify opportunities for additional monitoring and automation and partner with Monitoring Architecture and Engineering to implement.
- Develop procedures for trouble shooting and possible resolution of issues.
- Execute procedures reliably and escalate appropriately to solve incidents quickly
Our purpose as a firm is to make financial lives better, through the power of every connection. Across the world, we partner with leading corporate and institutional investors through our offices in more than 35 countries. In the U.S. alone, we serve almost all of the Fortune 500 companies and approximately 67 million consumer and small-business clients. We provide a full suite of financial products and services, from banking and investments to asset and risk management. We cover a broad range of asset classes, making us a global leader in corporate and investment banking, sales and trading. Connecting Asia Pacific to the world
Our Asia Pacific team is spread across 19 cities in 12 markets. We are focused on connecting Asia to the world and the world to Asia, using our global expertise to ensure success is shared between us, our clients and our communities. Our regional footprint covers 12 currencies, more than a dozen languages and five time zones, placing us firmly among the region's leading financial services companies.