At M&G our purpose is to help people manage and grow their savings and investments, responsibly.
As a business, we are continuing to take steps towards a sustainable future, delivering better long-term solutions for our customers and clients and identifying new opportunities to make a positive impact for our environment and communities . To help us achieve our vision we're looking for exceptional people who live our values of care and integrity and who can inspire others; embrace change; deliver results and keep it simple.
We will consider flexible working arrangements for any of our roles and also offer work place accommodations to ensure you have what you need to effectively deliver in your role. Head of Customer & Journey Improvement:
The Head of Customer & Journey Improvement is pivotal to underpinning our overall customer improvement programme and is accountable for the effective delivery of large scale transformational, medium scale and smaller 'CI' customer improvement across and into the service and operation across the Heritage business.
This role exists to provide one clear accountable owner for the design, development and delivery of all customer journey improvement activity. Ultimately responsible for ensuring that change initiatives land safely into the operation and are embedded fully and adopted as the enduring journey/experience or process. The measurement of success is the realisation of improvements to the journey KPIs whether that be shorter journey times, reduction in effort, improvement in efficiency or reduced cost. Critically this role is pivotal to the delivery of improved outcomes for each of our customers.
The HO of Customer & Journey Improvement will support the Director of CX, in shaping, defining and building an effective improvement delivery capability and operating model. The role holder will have accountability for realisation of benefits against all improvements delivered into the customer, journey or processes. Key Responsibilities for this role:
Key Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Accountable for Customer and Journey improvement delivery across all Heritage customer journeys, operational processes and ongoing customer touchpoints. Accountable for ensuring these deliverables drive both customer and business benefit in relation to operational cost through reduction in effort and improvement in efficiency, customer satisfaction scores and self-serve performance
- Accountable for the effective design and development of a portfolio of identified customer improvements initiatives across our Heritage customer journeys. Responsible for ensuring that the right detailed analysis is undertaken to ensure identification and resolution of root cause issues and customer pain points. Accountability for ensuring that this insight is utilised in order to define and develop the most effective solution whether that be through process, people, communications or tech interventions
- Accountability for establishing and leading cross functional teams in the delivery of these designed changes whether that be through incremental small scale operational changes, or wider scale process or journey redesigns
- Strong and effective leadership of respective project teams and operational representatives to ensure that the delivered changes are embedded into the business processes, infrastructure or journeys so that the expected benefits are realised
- Creation of business case evaluation for each improvement and then track the progress and realisation of benefits to ensure value is delivered and outcomes are improved
- Acts as a day-to-day escalation point to resolve prioritisation and delivery blockers which if not addressed would delay delivery or implementation and impact business results
- Communicate at executive level impactful and effective progress and benefit reporting which creates the right support for the changes prioritized and agreement to appropriate investment as required
- Ownership and development of Heritage's Continuous Improvement and Process Excellence methodology, leading the detailed design and approach for our 'Improvement' one best way. Working alongside senior leaders within M & G and across our outsourced partners, so strong capability is built amongst strong practitioners with the right skills and abilities and ultimately value creation is evidenced and optimized from this activity and investment
- Day to day influencing internal stakeholders and outsourced partners, i.e., Diligenta in the overall delivery of improvement and change activity to ensure the integrity of the journeys are maintained and that the solutions delivered are effective
- Embedding a customer-centric culture across the business. Accountability for ensuring all stakeholders across the business understand what putting 'customer at the heart of the business' means and are starting to embed this into the way they work
- Expert knowledge of 'best in class' customer, process and continuous improvement methodology, customer transformation approaches involved in leading customer led transformation
- Expert knowledge of process excellence and re-engineering methodologies e.g., six sigma, systems thinking and processes/techniques within these e.g., value stream mapping, RCA etc.
- Expert knowledge of multi-channel and customer led transformation and change into a complex and regulated financial services or service environment
- Extensive experience and proven track record in the delivery of large-scale complex customer transformation and improvement programmes
- Extensive experience in Continuous and Process redesign/ improvement activity.
- Extensive experience in defining and delivering impressive and effective omni-channel process and journey improvement solutions
- Significant experience in the customer and continuous improvement across multi-product, complex process and operational environments
- Significant experience in delivering successful transformational change right through to smaller scale continuous improvement
- Expert ability to translate complex and multiple data sources into impactful and impressive conclusions and communicate these effectively. Ability to decipher the 'bigger 'picture and disseminating that into tangible outcomes
- Experience of leading a team, working with virtual teams and collaborating with external companies
Work Level: Manager / Expert
Recruiter Name: Amy Curtis
Location: Stirling or Reading
Closing Date: 29/11/2022
We have a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture at M&G plc, underpinned by our policies and our employee-led networks who provide networking opportunities, advice and support for the diverse communities our colleagues represent. Regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, nationality or disability we are looking to attract, promote and retain exceptional people. We also welcome those who take part in military service and those returning from career breaks.