Do you have proven experience in regulatory requirements and investment risk standards?
Have you written and maintained Risk policies?
We are currently recruiting an Investment Risk Regulatory Control Manager for our London office. This role plays a key part in leading the ongoing development and appropriate implementation of the Risk Management Framework, Policy and Control Process alongside the Head of the Investment Risk team.
Reporting to the Senior Investment Risk Manager, this position will focus primarily on further strengthening our risk and controls framework and adapting to an ever-evolving regulatory framework as well as new markets, jurisdictions, and clients.
As the Investment Risk Regulatory Control Manager, you will be responsible for implementation of risk management policies and monitoring procedures so that the business maintains an adequate level of control, meets regulatory requirements and is aware of any breaches on a timely basis.Key tasks include:
Skills, knowledge, experience and qualificationsThe individual is expected to demonstrate the following, working with our clients and colleagues:
- Managing and leading on regulatory requirements applicable to the role, ensuring an appropriate application, control, and monitoring scheme is in play that reinforces our investment objective
- Maintaining and reinforcing ongoing oversight of risk measures including VaR, counterparty/credit risk, and collateral management
- Engaging with both front and back office, promoting a strong risk aware culture and ongoing collaboration
- Lead in various projects and investment risk initiatives to further develop the function and the wider business and adapt to a growing AUM, diverse client base, and regulatory imperatives - working in partnership with Compliance, legal, product, research, and client facing stakeholders
- Have and maintain a strong understanding of the regulatory environments which Ruffer is subject to, including the UK, US, and the EU, including AIFMD and EMIR. Including the ability to identify and prepare for upcoming regulations and market standards
Please note Ruffer operates a hybrid working policy 3 days a week in the office and 2 days at home.ABOUT US
- Knowledge and proven experience in regulatory requirements and investment risk standards is essential
- Experience in writing and maintaining risk policies is essential
- Strong market/investment risk knowledge gained within an investment management environment is essential
- Broad familiarity with python and risk modelling a plus
- Broad familiarity with market data services a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
Ruffer has been providing investment management services for institutions, pension funds, charities, financial planners, and private clients, in the UK and internationally since 1994. Our preoccupation is with not losing money, rather than charging headlong for growth. It's by putting safety first that we have made good money for our clients. Through boom and bust. Successfully navigating three major market corrections - the dot.com bust, global financial crisis and covid-19. In all we do, we seek to be responsible investors, fully integrating environmental, social and corporate governance (ESG) issues into our investment process. The Ruffer approach is unchanged from when the firm started in 1994. Our investment process is different to most. It is designed to protect and grow the value of our clients' portfolios - avoiding large losses and harnessing the power of compounding over time. Put simply, we take on the responsibility for managing risk on behalf of our clients.Ruffer's single investment strategy is defined by two simple investment objectives:
- Not to lose money in any 12-month period
- Generate returns meaningfully ahead of the return on cash
We aim to deliver positive returns come rain or shine. If we are to be good all-weather investors, we cannot be dependent on the direction of markets. To avoid that dependency, we always hold investments in what we call growth and protection. We hold these alongside each other, changing the allocation to each over time. When the market sun shines, we expect our growth assets to prosper. When a market storm hits, our protective assets should provide shelter, defending the portfolio from a downturn. At Ruffer, we are committed to being good stewards of our clients' assets. To that end, environmental, social and governance (ESG) considerations are integrated into our investment process. Whether it's climate change or indigenous rights, executive pay or workforce safety, we believe our considered approach helps us make better decisions. To the advantage of our clients' portfolios. To the benefit of the companies, we invest in. And for the good of the environment and society.DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
Ruffer strives for a diverse and inclusive workplace where our staff respect and understand individual differences. To create a truly inclusive culture, we aim to recruit, develop, and retain diverse talent and we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.