BNY Mellon is a global financial services company focused on helping clients manage and service their financial assets, operating in 36 countries and serving more than 100 markets. BNY Mellon is a leading provider of financial services for institutions, corporations and high-net-worth individuals, providing superior asset management and wealth management, asset servicing, issuer services, clearing services and treasury services through a worldwide client-focused team. Team Description:
Governance Oversight and Reporting team sits within the Reconciliations Centre of Excellence (RCoE), the team has a global footprint and is spread across sites in the UK, US and Asia.
This is a highly visible team that is uniquely placed to cover all areas of the bank. The team provides centralized governance of open break and account reporting delivered at the Executive level for the company. The governance process comprises of setting consistent standards, timely categorization and risk classification, investigations, and risk-based reporting across all lines of businesses.
We are looking for a individual that is comfortable working in a project driven environment where they can work independently or as part of a team, are control focused and have a proactive approach with good attention to detail and is analytically minded. Effective communication is a must and have the confidence and ability to escalate potential risks to both peers and senior management whilst working in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment. Working hours:
Typically, Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm, but can vary depending on role. Job Purpose:
The main responsibilities of the role are:
- Analyse governance breaks reports to define key areas of focus.
- Conduct breaks Investigations when required.
- Work with business SME's to come up with solutions to resolve high impacting break populations.
- Enhance and expand the risk governance framework model.
- Deliver timely and accurate reporting.
- Contribute ongoing initiatives to standardise and streamline reporting to drive efficiency and automation.
- Review work of other team members to ensure accuracy of data and high standard of commentary.
- Build solid understanding of the reconciliations undertaken within operations and become a subject matter expert providing guidance and responding to queries.
- Contributes to the achievement of team's goals and objectives.
- Work closely with the reconciliation's teams, lines of business, risk, control, technology and senior management (up to Executive level).
- Being an integral part of the go to team for systems, process & automation change.
What we can offer you:
- Experience in financial services preferrable but not essential
- Experience in a project and/or a reporting-oriented role would be advantageous.
- Reconciliation (TLM) experience would be advantageous.
- Team player who is able to produce high quality, accurate output under tight timescales
- Good analytical skills, including ability to extract data, analyse and interpret it.
- Problem solving and decision-making skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good attention to detail and a result driven approach
- Organised and able to manage workload efficiently
- Proactive and self-motivated.
- Continuous improvement mindset (Automation & Transformation driven)
- Project management skills
- Appetite to continuously learn and develop
- Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint and willing to develop further
- Power BI, Tableau, SQL, and advanced Excel skills (VBA, macro's, etc) would be an advantage.
- Bachelor's degree in a related discipline or engineering/sciences or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Full time contract of employment
- City Centre locations close to main railway station and flexible working arrangements
- Flexible benefits package, including life and medical insurance, health screening, fitness discount programme, employee assistance program
- Award-winning Wellbeing Program supporting you with your unique health and wellbeing needs
- Pension scheme
- On-site childcare and a parental buddy programme
- Exciting opportunities for career and global mobility
- Diverse and inclusive environment
- Employee Referral Program
- Recognition programmes
- A multitude of opportunities to get involved in charity projects and Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.