As a Barclays Counterparty Credit Risk and Basel IV Senior Manager you will work both independently and as part of a team to provide expert analysis and commentary on the bank's wholesale credit and counterparty credit risk profile. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants to work with our Front Office, Trading and Banking teams to understand the risk on wholesale credit, derivative and financing transactions.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality, and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity - helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We're committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognizes and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers' and clients' needs. Whether you have family commitments or you're a career, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager, and your request will be reviewed subject to business needs.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. We're flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month, or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. We also have a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally can request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
• You will take accountability for an agreed set of Basel IV related project deliverables and business outcomes
• Managing end-to-end process to deliver regulatory and internal stress testing results, including scenario review as well as computation, review and challenge of results
• Delivering Counterparty Risk inputs for Internal Capacity Adequacy Assessment Processes, including economic capital, associated internal assessments and explanation of movements
• You will conduct live risking of derivative and securities financing transactions across products
• Enhancing the analysis generated to assist the output of economic capital and stress testing results
• Preparing papers required to assist BI and Group governance, including materials for Risk Committees (Business, Group and Board)
• Obtaining approval from Internal Validation Unit (IVU) for generated results
What we're looking for:
• Detailed knowledge of Counterparty and Wholesale Credit risk models (PFE, RWA, LGD, EAD, EC) and capital calculations
• Detailed knowledge of Financial Markets, Wholesale Credit and Derivative Products and developed analytical skills with a high attention to detail
• Experience in dealing with large and complex data structures and stress testing methodologies
• Proficient in MS Office and scripting languages such as Python and SQL
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Related professional qualifications (e.g. FRM, CFA, CQF) or equivalent experience
• Bachelor's degree in Finance, Engineering or a Mathematical or Quantitative related field or equivalent experience
• Regulatory knowledge (CRR, PRA, EBA)
• Knowledge of statistical methods used in risk modelling
Where will you be working?
In the heart of Canary Wharf, our headquarters at Churchill Place boasts onsite amenities such as: a gym, staff restaurant and deli bar, and it is easily accessible by tube and bus links. With a population of around 5000 staff the atmosphere is second to none with a real buzz being created around the offices within.