SMBC is accelerating our Asia Centric strategy and promoting the sustainable growth of SMBC Group companies in growing markets in the region. The role carries out strategic planning and conducting oversight of affiliates and subsidiaries in Indonesia in banking, namely retail, digital, SME and wholesale banking, and non-banking businesses with an aim to strengthen internal controls and governance.
This role is an opportunity for interested candidates who aspire to gain learning opportunities and valuable exposure in broad areas of banking business, control, and governance issues. Candidates should possess strong accountability and initiative to formulate and execute solutions with a passion for results. Candidates with diverse skills and experiences and who possess strong interest to apply transferable skills and knowledge in formulating strategic plans towards enhancing internal controls, and governance practices are welcome to apply.Responsibilities
- Assess, monitor and ensure robust framework for risk and controls in the business and operations of overseas subsidiaries.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of internal control mechanisms and processes within various banking functions and operations.
- Manage audit related tasks including facilitation of audits, management of all audit findings and reporting.
- Formulate initiatives and solutions to address audit findings and internal control issues in collaboration with local offices with progress tracking to provide comprehensive, accurate and timely reporting to management and other stakeholders.
- Identify, monitor and report on current and emerging risk exposures
- Promote effectiveness of internal controls by implementing continuous improvement measures in banking supporting functions mainly covering audit, compliance, regulatory and risk management.
- Ensure timeliness and accuracy in reporting and providing periodic concise/risk-focused input and updates to senior management on audit and internal control related matters.
- Monitor achievement of key performance indicators and promote effectiveness in risk and control environments.
- Manage strategic projects as such as participating in due diligence processes and project management during post-merger integration.
- Bachelor's Degree or Diploma qualifications with minimum 3-5 years working experience in the Banking sector with experience in dealing with issues related to operations, audit, governance, risk management and internal controls.
- Demonstrated experience in operational risk will be highly desirable.
- Able to demonstrate sound knowledge of banking operation, compliance, regulatory and internal control issues.
- Experience in faciliation of audit and management of the audit matters including completion of audit findings and remediation plan.
- Experience in early issue identification and analysis, and implementation of solutions ranging from risk control mechanisms and frameworks including evaluation of corrective actions will be an advantage.
- Appreciation of good corporate governance practices will be desirable.
- Strong analytical skills supported by good problem solving and logical reasoning capabilities.
- Excellent organizational skills and time management with the ability to process multiple tasks simultaneously with attention to detail, and ability to work independently.
- Strong collaboration and team playing abilities, with an ability to manage projects and work with cross-functional teams across different countries.
- Proactive with adaptability to change, and ability to implement innovative and value-adding solutions with a strong drive for continuous improvement in strengthening quality of controls.
- Strong interpersonal and communication abilities (verbal and written) including excellent presentation skills, effective cross-cultural communication and stakeholder management capabilities.
- Proficiency in both English and Bahasa Indonesia is preferred to assist in the review of reports in Bahasa Indonesia.