Orbis are working with one of the top tech employers in the UK, looking for some of the brightest Engineers in the world to work for them. They are one of the most successful quant trading firms, with yearly earnings of $10bn. They only hire top tier technologists, helping to create a technically stimulating work environment.
You will help them maintain the team's highest level of service and scale their network ahead of their business' demands, while pushing for more standardisation through automation.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills will be needed as you collaborate with colleagues across the firm globally.
- You will find and resolve issues, plan and execute deployments, and improve systems where possible.
- Getting the details right and keeping good records are critical in this role. Striving to improve the team through documentation and contributing to our monitoring and automation systems is a must.
A typical day in the Network Engineering team includes:
- Working on cross-team projects such as site expansions and new colocation builds, with the help of their project managers
- Interacting with stakeholders to provision new market data feeds and connections to third parties
- Contributing to support tasks and actively taking steps to improve the team's ability to monitor the network effectively, through Scripting and/or conveying requirements to our dedicated developers
Experience working across LAN and WAN networks
Experience with routing and network protocols (OSPF, BGP, PIM-SM)
Experience troubleshooting transport protocols (TCP/UDP)
Experience working with Linux and proficient in a programming language
Ideally experience with overlay networks (EVPN, VxLAN)
Eagerness to automate your workflow to increase efficiency
High capacity to learn; we are more interested in how you think than what you already know
High capacity for context switching and organising your workload
Clear communication skills with the ability to maintain a high degree of customer service
A flexible and reliable team player who enjoys working in a collaborative environment
Fluency in English is required
This is an excellent opportunity for top Network Engineer with some Automation/DevOps skills to work in a collaborative but fast paced environment.