At M&G our purpose is to help people manage and grow their savings and investments, responsibly.
As a business, we are continuing to take steps towards a sustainable future, delivering better long-term solutions for our customers and clients and identifying new opportunities to make a positive impact for our environment and communities . To help us achieve our vision we're looking for exceptional people who live our values of care and integrity and who can inspire others; embrace change; deliver results and keep it simple.
We will consider flexible working arrangements for any of our roles and also offer work place accommodations to ensure you have what you need to effectively deliver in your role. The Role:
Infracapital is M&G's infrastructure private equity investing business, it invests in unlisted equity positions to create a diverse portfolio of high-quality sustainable infrastructure assets which offer stable cash flows and long-term capital value, whilst delivering a positive impact for society.
Based in the City of London, Infracapital has a team of more than 60 professionals working across Transactions, Asset Management, Investor Relations and Finance under the leadership of its Co-Founders: Martin Lennon (Head of Infracapital) and Ed Clarke (CIO).
The team has extensive investment and management experience across infrastructure sectors including utilities, transport, renewable energy, telecoms and social infrastructure.Infracapital has raised and managed over £6.5 billion across seven funds/strategies.
The business is actively deploying capital from its latest strategies Infracapital Greenfield Partners II and Infracapital Partners III. Recent investments include BCTN. Recharge Infra, Zenobe Energy, Energy Nest, Fibrus, and Ogi/Spectrum.
Infracapital has a dedicated Investor Relations function of five professionals who lead all investor related workstreams including capital fundraising, co-investment, and ongoing communications & servicing of existing investors. The team is also involved in managing and coordinating Infracapital's public policy engagements.
M&G Investments is a leading European Investment Manager. M&G invests in Equities, Fixed Income, Property, Convertibles, Multi Asset and Alternatives.
As a result of sustained growth and internal structural changes, the time has come for Infracapital Capital Formation & Investor Relations team to acquire a mid to senior level infrastructure fundraising specialist. The new hire at the Associate Director level will focus on raising capital from new LPs as well as servicing existing LPs invested in core and value add strategies.Key Work Level Accountabilities: Manager or Expert:
Key Responsibilities for this role:
- For people managers, accountable for managing and motivating others to ensure quality of delivery to customers and stakeholders
- For technical specialists, accountable for delivering expert advice or service, using specialist knowledge and subject matter expertise
- Applies judgement to deliver outcomes, evaluating a range of potential solutions, considering the impact for customers, cost and risk
- Manages conflicts that may impact delivery
- Challenges upwards given knowledge of delivery and awareness of complex systems and the broader picture
- Identifies and anticipates need for changes to continuously improve quality and efficiency of output
- Manages resources and risks using expert judgment, know-how and experience
Key Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- To work collaboratively with colleagues and take personal accountability to maintain and enhance controls you are responsible for to support improvement of the overall control environment, customers outcomes and a reduction in M&G's operational risk.
- The successful candidate will be expected to demonstrate best in class competences across the following:
- Managing part of Infracapital's existing global client base and potential client relationships
- demonstrable success in raising capital from EMEA institutional LPs with the ability to identify, engage and maintain relationships with clients and/ or consultants
- previous experience and knowledge of infrastructure sector, especially in Europe
- ability to manage to entire sales process - from client targeting, prospecting, project management to closing commitments for the fund
- best in class client servicing capabilities
- Co-ordination and preparation of regional investor roadshows as required
- Acting as an interface between the investment teams and investors, managing and answering diligence questions on Co-investments
- At least 5-7 years experience in Investor Relations, Private Capital Advisory, Placement Agent, Investment Bank or Top tier Global Investment Consultant, preferably in private equity infrastructure / real assets
- A natural leader - able to proactively manage and develop their functional area to a consistently high level of delivery and ability to adapt to new opportunities and challenges
- Excellent commercial skills - ability to understand the key elements of investment valuations and strategy and the private equity / infrastructure business models
- Excellent interpersonal skills- an ability to build relationships within the team and with a broad range of investors
- Excellent communication skills - effective communication skills, able to tailor writing or communications for the audience and distil complex information into key messages.
- Analysis - strong analytical mind to understand investment valuations and performance with excellent attention to detail
- Planning - well organised with an ability to manage workload, and marshal wider business units, to meet deadlines
- Client servicing capability - drive to deliver outstanding service to clients
- Teamwork - strong work ethic and initiative, with willingness to work hard during intense periods of activity
- Strong attention to detail and ability to use initiative and be proactive
- The successful candidate will likely possess a graduate degree from recognized university. A professional qualification with financial focus would be advantageous.
Work Level: Manager or Expert
Recruiter Name: Emily Northcott
Closing Date: 2nd December 2022
We have a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture at M&G plc, underpinned by our policies and our employee-led networks who provide networking opportunities, advice and support for the diverse communities our colleagues represent. Regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, nationality or disability we are looking to attract, promote and retain exceptional people. We also welcome those who take part in military service and those returning from career breaks.