The main duties and responsibilities are to conduct detailed research and analysis on shipping markets and investments, including:
- Detailed investment modelling and analysis to evaluate risk/return profile of shipping investment opportunities.
- Researching/analysing/modelling shipping sector dynamics shipping supply, demand and market development.
- Conducting detailed analysis and modelling for specific advisory projects.
- Conducting bespoke research on topics for the firm’s ad-hoc strategy reports and publications.
- Creation of marketing materials including presentations.
We are looking for a candidate with the following attributes:
- Team player with fluent written and verbal English
- Strong financial and investment analysis skills
- Excellent quantitative and modelling skills
- Ability to interrogate financial information and company accounts
- Strong attention to detail and ability to undertake detailed proprietary research and analysis
- CFA qualified or pursuing CFA qualification
- Good Bachelors degree or higher level education in Maths, Economics or Science related disciplines
- Shipping markets knowledge helpful but not necessary
- Investment analysis experience advantageous