Excited to grow your career?Our mission is to 'help people save and invest with confidence'. We are looking for great people to join us, so please come and invest in YOUR future at HL.About the role
As part of the Commercial Finance function, the Finance Business Partner is responsible for providing all financial support to enable the Digital Function to deliver against the strategy in line with or ahead of plan. The Finance Business Partner has responsibility for budgeting and forecasting, financial analysis and modelling, reporting and insight and the operation of a robust system of financial control across the division, in addition to being the Finance lead on Transformation, ensuring collaboration across the business.What you'll be doing
- Understand performance drivers, identify areas of under/over performance and identify opportunities to address
- Proactively identify opportunities for efficiency, collaboration and cost reduction on an on-going basis
- Ensure timely, accurate and relevant reporting on monthly costs, revenue, balance sheet, cash flow
- Production of relevant and informative reports for the Digital leadership team to ensure they understand their reported numbers and impact and take action accordingly
- Manage Strategic Spend allocated to deliver transformation projects for the Digital function
- Responsible for providing an up to date financial position of the Digital function and its specific change programmes through QBRs, ABRs, Financial Review and Commercial Reviews to ensure delivery on time and in line with plan
- Support the Division to prepare annual budgets & forecasts
- Understand and challenge commercial decisions and provide financial insight management and control to annual Capex spend
- Qualified accountant with significant post qualification experience, delivering in fast paced environments. Experience in a digital or technology environment will be supportive to your success in this role.
- An in-depth understanding of technology and development spend
- Strong financial modelling and analytical skills
- Good understanding of relevant commercial disciplines
- Accomplished at forging and managing senior stakeholder relationships, able to negotiate and influence
- Exceptional organisational skills, able to manage conflicting priorities
- A change agent, able to navigate with clear purpose, and engagement of others
- Accomplished in assimilating complex information and making effective prompt decisions
- Collaborative communicator, able to challenge constructively
- Possess a global mindset, able to see the bigger picture and be across the detail
- Clear focus on colleague engagement and development
- Operate with integrity, demonstrating gravitas and credibility
- Leading by example aligned to the HL Way
There will be 2-3 stages, involving technical and values based competencies.Working Schedule
We are based in Bristol, BS1 5HL. This role is a permanent role and full time. We have returned to the office, however for this role we offer a hybrid flexible working pattern to enable you the option of working from home and coming into the office. Why us?
Here at HL, we're the UK's number 1 investment platform for private investors, based in Bristol. For more than 40 years we've helped investors save time, tax and money on their investments.
To achieve our mission, we believe we have a workplace like no other, with constant learning, dynamic teams, and a great ethos. We're steered by core values that promote service, quality, innovation, and opportunity in everything we do.What's on offer?
- Discretionary annual bonus & annual pay review
- 25* days holiday plus bank holidays and 1-day additional Christmas closure time
- Option to purchase an additional 5 days holiday per year
- Flexible working options available, including hybrid working
- Pension scheme up to 11% employer contribution
- Sharesave scheme - have a real stake in HL's future
- Income Protection & Life insurance (4 x salary core level of cover)
- Health care cash plans - including optical, dental, and out patientcare
- Help@hand and an Employee Assistance Programme
- Gympass - gym memberships and wellbeing apps available
- Variety of travel to work schemes with free bike storage and shower facilities
- An inhouse barista serving subsidised coffee and snacks
- Join HL's sports, I&D networks and volunteering groups (two paid volunteering days per year)
- LifeWorks Discounts on services, restaurants and retailers
* up to 30 days depending on role level & increasing with length of service
We know that sometimes people can be put off applying for a job if they don't tick every box. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. We'd love to hear from you!
Hargreaves Lansdown is an inclusive employer that values diversity in its workforce. We encourage applications from all individuals without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
This role may also be available on a flexible working or part time basis - please ask the Recruitment & Onboarding team for more information.
Please note, we are unable to provide employment sponsorship to candidates.