Who we are looking for:
Looking for AML/KYC professional who can design, effectively lead, influence strategy and drive the implementation and execution of the Quality Control and Control Monitoring Frameworks globally for the Global AML Center (GAC) on behalf of all the Business Units it supports. Why this role is important to us:
The Head of Risk Excellence is a key member of the Leadership Team within the newly created Global AML Center providing AML/KYC support services for all Business Units globally.
The primary role of the Head of Risk Excellence is to strengthen the Global AML Center's reputation for excellence in risk management by demonstrating clear ownership of risks, exercising discipline in risk management processes and delivering on heightened regulatory requirements. To achieve this, the team performs below two primary functions:
KYC Quality Control
Holistic assessment of risks identified in verified KYC cases following a risk-based methodology. In addition, agile targeted reviews to cover high risk factors and process changes.
Monitor controls managed by the Global AML Center on an ongoing basis to provide reasonable assurance for operational effectiveness and to minimise regulatory, monetary and reputational risks for the team and the team's service recipients. What you will be responsible for:
What we value:
- Effectively lead the Risk Excellence pillar globally for the Global AML Center
- Establish, build and retain an effective Risk Excellence team in line with strategy and to deliver in line with enhanced service quality priorities
- Work collaboratively as a leadership team to contribute to the success of the Global AML Center and the AML Program
- Participate actively in appropriate risk Committees (e.g.UK & EMEA FCSC / Global AMLOC / APAC AMLOC) & Forums (e.g. Global AML Leadership & AML Taskforce)
- Strengthen the Global AML Center's reputation for excellence in risk management by demonstrating clear ownership of risks, exercising discipline in risk management processes and delivering on heightened regulatory requirements
- Drive the business plan and budgets for the team in line with corporate goals
- Ensure that the Risk Excellence team has the right resources to operate effectively
- Ensure that escalation procedures are followed
- Assist with external regulatory examinations or internal testing
- Ensure the team's activity is performed in accordance with State Street policies & standards
- Support ad hoc and/ or strategic projects as required
- Drive a culture of inclusion
- Recruitment and retention of team members
- Establish strong relations with key stakeholders
- Ensure procedures / guidance notes / controls are maintained for the Risk Excellence team in accordance with standards, technology and operating model changes
- Encourage the team to follow the speak up, listen up values - including timely escalation of AML concerns, suspicious activity or any corporate policy breaches
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- Expert leadership qualities to establish, build, lead and support a high performing diverse and inclusive team
- Ability to lead teams virtually, empowering team members to deliver to the best of their ability
- Advanced knowledge of AML, KYC, Financial Crime Regulations and AML risk implications
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills
- Ability to analyze compliance guidelines and policies to determine testing requirements
- Proven ability to work towards tight deadlines
- Demonstrated computer proficiency, including advanced knowledge of MS Excel, as well as problem solving and analytical skills
Secondary Skills (Good to Have)
- 15+years of work experience related to the banking and financial services organization
- Demonstrated ability of;
- managing a large and demanding team/program to tight deadlines in a constantly changing environment
- leading and managing virtual teams
- working with multiple stakeholders across the 3LOD
- Very good language skills in English
- Evidence of strong communication & influencing skills; ability to clearly communicate complex issues to both senior / executive management and a team of junior specialists
- Strong presentation skills including experience in face to face presentations to senior management
- Preferably ACAMS certified
About State Street What we do.
- Risk and Control Management knowledge
- Control Testing experience
- Anti-Money Laundering knowledge
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers