- Department: Buyout
- Contract: Internship
- Duration: minimum three months
- Location: Frankfurt, Germany
- Start date: June 2024
Ardian is a world-leading private investment house, managing or advising $140bn of assets on behalf of more than 1,400 clients globally. Our broad expertise, spanning Private Equity, Real Assets and Credit, enables us to offer a wide range of investment opportunities and respond flexibly to our clients' differing needs. Through Ardian Customized Solutions we create bespoke portfolios that allow institutional clients to specify the precise mix of assets they require and to gain access to funds managed by leading third-party sponsors. Private Wealth Solutions offers dedicated services and access solutions for private banks, family offices and private institutional investors worldwide. Ardian is majority-owned by its employees and places great emphasis on developing its people and fostering a collaborative culture based on collective intelligence. Our1,000+ employees, spread across 16 offices in Europe, the Americas, Asia and Middle East are strongly committed to the principles of Responsible Investment and are determined to make finance a force for good in society. Our goal is to deliver excellent investment performance combined with high ethical standards and social responsibility.
At Ardian we invest all of ourselves in building companies that last.
ARDIAN's Buyout team is offering an internship opportunity in the Frankfurt office to assist the daily work of private equity investment professionals, particularly including the identification, analysis and execution of investments. The visiting associate will have significant responsibilities from day one and become an integral part of the team, with high levels of interaction with investment professionals from the Buyout team, support functions and external industry experts. High performing previous visiting associates have become permanent hires in the German ARDIAN team.
Key responsibilities for the visiting associate will include:
- Collect and analyze information on target companies, their competitors and business sectors, as well as prepare materials for and participate in meetings with industry experts, managers, etc.
- Participate in the assessment of investment opportunities (business analysis, financial modelling, company valuation, identification of comparables, interviews with industry participants, etc.).
- Participate in the investment process (including drafting investment memoranda and reviewing due diligence work performed in various areas: commercial, financial, legal, etc.)
- Support monitoring of and preparing potential exits for current ARDIAN portfolio companies
This list is not exhaustive and will vary depending on the capabilities of the intern and the needs of the team.Required skills
- Broad set of quantitative, qualitative and interpersonal skills (strong team player)
- Intellectual rigor and discipline; ability to organize and perform work efficiently
- Excellent analytical skills, with high level of attention to detail
- Strong knowledge of financial statement analysis, financial modelling, valuation
- Proficiency in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Degree either completed or due to complete from leading business school or university
- Excellent academic background
- At least one previous internship in one of the following areas would be beneficial:
- Private Equity
- Investment Banking (M&A, LevFin)
- Transaction Services
- Strategy Consulting
About the Team
- German and English fluency
The ARDIAN Buyout team spreads across Paris, Frankfurt, Milan, Madrid, Luxembourg, London, and New York with the aim of investing in upper-mid and large-cap companies. With assets of US$16bn managed or advised, their core investment approach is to implement transformational buy-and-build strategies to help local European and North-American champions grow into global leaders. Putting sustainability at the heart of their business, the multinational investment team, composed of 52 investment professionals, has developed strong partnerships with leading players across multiple industries while acquiring a strong expertise, especially in the food value chain, healthcare, technology and services sectors.Other information
Compensation according to profileApplication process
Please provide your CV, cover letter and university transcripts