GTS IS&GD, Program Director Who we are looking for
In order for Global Technology Services (GTS) to manage and oversee its multiple commitments to improving the Delivery and Change environment, supporting the business across key strategic initiatives and ensuring successful delivery of the technology projects supporting revenue growth, the role of GTS IS,GD program director has been created. The role will be a direct report of, and accountable to, Sarah Timby - CIO IS,GD & International.
The GTS IS,GD program director will be responsible for executing, managing, and delivering the key strategic programs of work supporting GTS work to support and deliver the GD Simplification, with specific focus on our private market and bank loans technology program of work. The role will also have accountability for establishing a full technology governance model for the IS & GD technology teams, facilitating consistent change/agile management delivery across these key initiatives, including defining and implementing consistent reporting, management information including setting objectives.
A key element of the role will be managing multiple dependencies across various global IT teams, GD teams and the respective business teams in order to ensure delivery.
Key to the role will be the development of clear plans, defined ownership and accountability of actions and deliverables, managed to aggressive and immovable timelines. Critical interfaces (typically at senior executive (EVP) level and will be with clients, product, sales and GD and State Street FLOD/SLOD and Compliance. This will require thorough MI, pertinent analysis, precise status reporting, and frequent, comprehensive Senior Executive briefing presentations covering the full portfolio of change. What you will be responsible for
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Manage the IS&GD GTS Delivery and Change portfolio in relation to the GD Simplification program.
- Perform day-to-day business control and oversight functions for GTS IS&GD Change Portfolio.
- Collate, define, and analyse the multiple IT demand pipelines end-to-end. Condense this into clear, actionable remediation tasks, reconcile, and ensure comprehensive plans are produced to execute against.
- Identify, track and resolve risks and issues, ensure dependencies are clearly captured, and ensure ownership and actions are clearly defined and not duplicated across projects or workstreams.
- Manage budget and staffing forecasting, tracking and reporting requirements, produce clear Dashboard reporting including Programme Reporting of overall deliverables, interdependencies, and critical path analysis.
- Ensure governance of the portfolio adheres to corporate standards, including Change Management Framework.
- Own reporting requirements to global executives, chair of the appropriate governance forums, including frequent ad hoc, short notice, and tailored reporting demands for GTS-related change projects.
- Liaise between various global Project Management Offices/ teams, and coordinate consensus on all project plans, status, and risk tracking.
- Provide guidance and direction to the broader elements of the program of work outside of technology, ensuring input to process optimisation and identification of automation opportunities
- Liaise and manage across technology teams to ensure successful delivery of tactical and strategic solutions which bring efficiency and scale to a complex operations program of work
- Be able to define clear requirements for Enterprise wide data and workflow components
What we value
- Extensive, in-depth relevant experience in program management, including experience of leading multi-year, cross-functional or enterprise-wide programs specifically across both operations and technology functions within global financial services
- An exceptional understanding of standards-based program management and business analysis practices (Agile/Six-Sigma/Lean), with demonstrable skills in program and project management tools and methodologies
- Strong project planning skills and expertise in large, complex program management, across multiple work-streams; releases and complex data migrations
- Must be able to manage and understand both BAU operations and technology teams within a program context
- Capability to initiate, plan, execute, monitor, control and close on multiple cross-organisational projects concurrently, working with multiple project teams; extensive release management techniques
- Able to manage complex business migrations; understanding complexity of balancing project vs. BAU priorities and delivering a complex change agenda into a global operations function
- Ability to manage challenging stakeholders, delivery of difficult messages and pro-actively managing effective communication
- Lead and influence global cross-functional teams whose priorities may not always align to the assigned project and reach a shared understanding to ensure progress is maintained
- Exceptional communication skills and relationship management capabilities, able to communicate with all levels of the organisation effectively and across Operations and Technology subject matter experts
- An understanding of the challenges running a large scale Operations and Technology transformation program
- Commercially astute driver able to navigate challenging environments
- Managed cross-border teams based over multiple locations, with strong connectivity to the regulators
- Extensive experience in managing large, complex third parties, who are critical to the success of the program
- Ability to work cross-enterprise to define and prioritize target client and product outcomes and ensure focus on these outcomes is maintained through program delivery
- Demonstrated resiliency and track record of leading high profile and high pressure programs; passion for finding better ways of working and comfortable challenging even those more senior
- A smart, challenging and energetic leader, with a passion and deep understanding of program management across Global organisations.
- Need to understand the dynamics of large scale transformation programs, with key operations and technology knowledge
- Additional personal characteristics will include unbound energy, with a gravitas to work with some of the most senior people across the organisation and interfacing with our key operations functions. High intellect, decisiveness and the drive and flexibility to operate in a constant changing environment.
- A risk taker who seeks data and input from others to foresee potential challenges; threats to the program or unintended circumstances and able to head off potential impacts as a result
- A leader, viewed by others has having a high degree of integrity and forethought in making decisions; able to act in a transparent and consistent manner, not afraid to deliver and manage complex and difficult messages
- Influencing skills at a senior level across a number of 3rd party dependencies
- Excellent initiative, planning and decision-making skills.
- Highly developed communication and presentation skills
- Complex Programme Management, global scope, multiple dependencies
- Process optimisation and automation techniques
- Collaboration across multiple stakeholders to achieve a common goal
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
- Extensive experience managing change across multiple business units.
- Previous client-facing, operations and technology change experience background preferable.
- Knowledge and proven experience of managing complex, multi-workstream improvement or remediation programmes. Relevant qualifications preferable (process re-engineering; project management and automation)
- Very strong communication, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Excellent influencing skills required.
- Strong reporting, and presentation skills
- Ability to work under pressure, high attention to detail
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don't necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit. Why this role is important to us
Our technology function, Global Technology Services (GTS), is vital to State Street and is the key enabler for our business to deliver data and insights to our clients. We're driving the company's digital transformation and expanding business capabilities using industry best practices and advanced technologies such as cloud, artificial intelligence and robotics process automation.
We offer a collaborative environment where technology skills and innovation are valued in a global organization. We're looking for top technical talent to join our team and deliver creative technology solutions that help us become an end-to-end, next-generation financial services company.
Join us if you want to grow your technical skills, solve real problems and make your mark on our industry. About State Street What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.