Overview Who we are
BNY Mellon is a global investments company dedicated to helping its clients manage and service their financial assets throughout the investment lifecycle. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations, or individual investors, BNY Mellon delivers informed investment and wealth management and investment services in 35 countries. As of March 31, 2022, BNY Mellon had $45.5 trillion in assets under custody and/or administration, and $2.3 trillion in assets under management. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments. BNY Mellon is the corporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (NYSE: BK). Additional information is available on www.bnymellon.com . Follow us on Twitter @BNYMellon or visit our newsroom at www.bnymellon.com/newsroom for the latest company news. Job Purpose:
The jobholder is responsible for producing and delivering designated UK taxation and associated Fund Accounting services for clients' investment vehicles. Responsibilities:
- Produce (and review/approve where appropriate) allocated tax deliverables. Primary services will include tax returns, provisions, checks and disclosures in relation to corporation tax, VAT and overseas withholding taxes
- Ensure effective and cooperative liaison with external and internal parties relevant to team deliverables (includes HMRC, clients, auditors, trustees, central tax group, offshore tax and operations teams).
- Manage own workload in order to meet client deadlines and department objectives, ensuring timely and accurate delivery to regulatory deadlines, agreed timetables and SLA standards and compliance with appropriate taxation / accounting regulations /standards and internal procedures.
- Maintain own detailed understanding of taxation regulations, industry standards, best practice, client requirements and own training requirements.
- Adhere to and monitor existing operational controls and processes
- Contribute to process and control improvements.
- Escalate business risks and internal control weaknesses to management
- Provide support and input to Fund Accounting projects and client / fund changes as required
- Where appropriate or required support other team members or deputise for Tax Manager, UK Fund Accounting.
- Comply with Health and Safety policies and procedures operating within the business.
Job Specific Competencies
- Excellent work quality and pride in work
- Able to solve problems with a flexible, proactive approach
- Good personal organisation and able to work effectively in a team to achieve a common goal.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills - able to effectively interact with people at different levels of knowledge and through different mediums
- Willing to maintain own professional development
BNYMellon Core Competencies
RESULTS - Takes action, demonstrates accountability and executes objectives
PEOPLE - Collaborates, is open to feedback and communicates effectively
THOUGHT - Demonstrates business awareness, applies a client focus and solves problems
SELF - acts with integrity, resilience and shows self-awareness
Technical Skills, Knowledge, Systems Knowledge (and associated skill level)
- Knowledge of collective investment scheme tax requirements with relevant technical UK taxation experience
- Knowledge of the securities industry with experience in an FCA regulated business
- Accounting knowledge covering relevant accounting standards and regulations including UK GAAP and Investment Association SORP
- Excellent computer skills, in particular Excel.
Academic/Professional Qualifications (or equivalent qualifiers)
- Either a formal tax or accounting qualification or a commitment to learn
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.