We're a global leader in account-to-account payments, making it easy for merchants to collect both recurring and one-off payments directly from customers' bank accounts. Our global payments network and technology platform take the pain out of getting paid for 80,000 businesses worldwide, from multinational corporations to small businesses. Each year we process US$30 billion of payments across more than 30 countries. We're headquartered in the UK, with additional offices in Australia, France and the United States. The Role
The U.K. Financial Crime Risk Analyst will report directly to the Group MLRO and will play both a regional and global role. The U.K. Financial Crime Risk Analyst will be primarily tasked with supporting the build out and maintenance of effective AML/CTF and sanctions systems and controls to ensure compliance with laws and regulations in the U.K. and other GoCardless geos.Your responsibilities will include:
The day to day stuff:
- Closely follow legal, compliance, and regulatory developments in relation to AML/CTF and sanctions in the Fintech industry, to ensure our controls processes keep pace;
- Advising on CDD escalations based on internal policies and procedures;
- Monitoring and responding to AML / Sanctions related escalations in JIRA;
- Review and approval of high risk customers at onboarding (e.g. PEPs);
- Review and approval of requests for waivers, dispensations and minor policy exceptions from the first line defence;
- Escalating complex cases to Financial Crime Risk Managers and/or the MLRO;
- Compiling Financial Crime MI for senior management, analysing trends and recommending enhancements to first line controls;
- Support the delivery of targeted financial crime training to the Compliance Operations and Sales teams on areas that are identified as requiring improvement;
- Support the execution of the firm's annual financial crime Enterprise Risk Assessment, including risk identification, inherent risk assessment and control evaluation;
- Draft annual external reports to regulatory authorities, and liaise with the FCA, NCA and other external agencies where applicable;
- Promoting a culture of good financial crime management across the firm;
- Support on the Financial Crime Risk roadmap project to design and deploy control enhancements throughout the company.
- You have at least 1-2 years experience in financial crime within an FCA regulated financial services firm or consultancy;
- You have good knowledge of JMLSG, FCA, FATF, Wolfsberg Group etc. guidelines and requirements;
- You have strong analytical skills and attention to detail;
- You have experience in executing internal controls;
- You have a demonstrable hunger for knowledge and eagerness to take on further responsibilities;
- You take the initiative and are able to prioritise different tasks effectively within a fast-paced environment;
- You have strong writing and presentation skills.
Bonus points if:
Life at GoCardless
- You have a professional qualification from an internationally recognised body (e.g. ICA, ACAMS);
- You have worked within a fast growing, scale-up business;
- You have experience designing Financial Crime controls from scratch, and supporting their implementation.
- You have good knowledge of French and/or US financial crime regulations;
When it comes to culture, we're proud of what we call the 'GC magic'. It's primarily defined by our values: Start With Why, Be Humble, Act with Integrity, and Care Deeply. They've been our bedrock since day one, and they continue to be one of the key factors of our success, and the reason we love showing up to work every day.
Because we're now delivering on our important, and ambitious vision to become the world's account-to-account payment network, we're working at pace. To help clear the path to success - so any obstacles and blockers don't slow us down - we've introduced our own set of operating principles, which live alongside our values. They're designed to help us successfully navigate our continued growth by helping us work together better. They provide guideposts around some of the key areas of how we operate so things are smoother, easier and ultimately lead to better outcomes. Read more about our values and operating principles here.
There's lots more to the magic. We view Diversity and inclusion as a business imperative, so we have a leader whose role it is to ensure we create an inclusive workplace where people from all backgrounds can thrive, and where people from all walks of life want to join us. We also have high engagement with our GeeCee-led 'employee resource groups' (such as BEAM, Inspiring, Pride, Mindful and Access) that are supported and sponsored by members of our Exec team. You can view our latest Gender Pay Gap report here.
We've also rolled out our 'Adaptive Working' and 'Work Away' schemes. Adaptive Working allows you to work flexibly, and in a way that fits around your lifestyle, whilst still ensuring our teams can collaborate effectively and get together and socialise. Work Away gives the flexibility to work away from your normal country of residence for up to 90 days in any 12 month period.
We also offer enhanced parental leave , pension packages, and you'll receive equity. Having this 'buy in' is a vital part of building a successful business where everybody - regardless of their role - can make a valuable contribution.
There's also our legendary 'GC Fridays'. They're four additional all-company days off every year, giving GeeCees a chance to switch off and relax, as a token of thanks for everyone's hard work and commitment.
Find out more about Life at GoCardless via Twitter , Instagram and LinkedIn .