Description About this role
BlackRock ETF Servicing Team - Associate/Analyst About BlackRock
Elevate your career by joining the world's largest asset manager! Would you thrive in an environment that cultivates positive relationships and recognizes outstanding performance? We know how important it is to feel valued every single day and be recognized for your contribution. At BlackRock, we strive to empower our employees and actively engage your involvement in our success. With over $8.5 trillion of assets under management we have an outstanding responsibility: our technology and services empower millions of investors to save for retirement, pay for college, buy a home and improve their financial well-being.
BlackRock is the #1 Exchange Traded Fund (ETF) provider globally with over $3 trillion in assets under management. With more than two decades of ETF innovation and expertise behind us, we serve investors of all sorts, all around the world. We offer clients a comprehensive range of products that provide transparent and cost-efficient access to a full range of asset classes and global markets. Team Overview
ETF Platform Innovation and Change (EPIC) is a team within BlackRock's Technology & Operations division. We develop strategy and execute initiatives central to our indexing and firm-wide growth aspirations and priorities. In our day-to-day, the team brings together change professionals and domain specialists to deliver scale and innovation to some of BlackRock's fastest-growing products.
This San Francisco-based role sits in our recently formed "Virtual" ETF Services Team (VEST) which is responsible for building the ETF Servicing function from the ground up. VEST is responsible for helping insource and manage ETF Servicing as part of the multi-year Mt. Sharp program. If you are the type of person who loves to be challenged and work outside your comfort-zone then this unique opportunity may be for you. Role Description and Responsibilities
In this role, you will be primarily focused on our daily operational processes and will be responsible for executing core daily workflow oversight, data exception monitoring, inquiry management for specific VEST-owned tasks as part of the ETF order lifecycle, amongst other duties. This role is strategically positioned in San Francisco to align with our business partners within the Portfolio Engineering, Portfolio Management, and Global Markets teams as well as to manage the nightly basket generation and publication process which is a critical component in the overall ETF ecosystem. There will also be opportunities to put your analytical abilities, problem solving skills and attention to detail to test during the project phases of the Mt. Sharp engagement. Skills and Qualifications
Solid understanding of one or more of the following areas:
- Capital markets, securities, and financial instruments
- ETF Operations (e.g. creation/redemption process)
- Distribution ecosystem and its impacts (e.g. end-to-end process workflow, partner interactions/dependencies, fund accounting aspects, process nuances)
- Custody framework & operations
- Fund accounting (e.g. data flows, consequences, relationships and impacts of actions within the fund accounting ecosystem on order economics)
- Trade Ops (e.g. end-to-end understanding of the trade lifecycle and stakeholders)
- General awareness of other BlackRock functional areas including, but not limited to: iShares Global Markets, iShares Product Engineering, EII Portfolio Engineering, TA Servicing, iShares Shareholder Services (e.g. Boston call center)
- Technology competence in one or more of the following areas: technology suite (data model & data feed interaction with the ESP utility, API's), industry technology (e.g. CNS, OMGEO, Swift), data and reporting toolsets (e.g. ADS/SQL, Microsoft Excel VBA/Macros, Tableau)
- Organized approach to ensure follow up on outstanding issues and identify appropriate action to be taken
- Attention to detail to ensure a high degree of accuracy for all deliverables
- Excellent communication skills to effectively articulate solutions to internal and external partners
- Ability to multi-task and balance requests without losing sight of overall objectives and deadlines
- Exceptional decision-making skills and ability to communicate effectively with senior management
- ***** FINRA Series 99 and SIE licenses are required for this role and must be obtained within 90 days of hire. *****
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. Our hybrid work model
BlackRock's current hybrid work model is designed to enable in-person connections and collaboration that is core to our culture, while supporting increased flexibility for all employees. In line with local health guidance and regulations, employees are required to work at least 3 days in the office each week, with the flexibility to work from home up to 2 days a week. Some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. The health, safety and well-being of our people will always be our top priorities; we will continue to monitor local conditions and health advisories in making decisions about our work environments. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person's appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and also any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.