Description About this role About Aperio
At Aperio (part of BlackRock), our strategies are designed to put our clients' and their clients' interests at the center of our investment advice; to minimize costs and taxes; and to incorporate each client's unique environmental, social, and governance (ESG) preferences. We are a purposefully growing quantitative/index-tracking investment management business specializing in managing customized equity portfolios tax efficiently.
At Aperio, we work hard and move quickly as a well-coordinated, collaborative team whose exceptional people are focused on providing extraordinary client service. If you are looking for an opportunity to grow and contribute in a fun, industry-disruptive, fast-paced environment, Aperio is the place for you. About this Role
We are looking for a personable Associate Portfolio Manager (APM) to join our Portfolio Management team. The APM will be responsible for portfolio construction and rebalancing as well as investment strategy analysis. Our portfolio managers work with leading-edge portfolio risk and optimization technologies. Ideal candidates must have excellent problem-solving capabilities, a high degree of attention to detail, and strong organizational skills. The position requires solid verbal and written communication aptitude and the ability to work directly with clients on complicated tax- and risk-modeling problems. The APM must be able to manage and prioritize multiple tasks in a time-sensitive environment, be able to take initiative, and be comfortable taking on responsibility. Key Responsibilities
- Use quantitative risk models and optimization programs to manage equity portfolios
- Implement electronic security trades and liaise with brokers and custodians
- Provide analytic support for client consulting projects
- Extract and update data from portfolio accounting systems
- Develop and implement process improvements
- Maintain and service relationships with clients
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and computer competencies, with an emphasis on quantitative analysis
- Strong Excel skills, including mastery of VLOOKUP, pivot tables, etc.
- Acute attention to detail and proofing
- Demonstrated initiative, a broad perspective, creativity, and good quantitative intuition
- Sound verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks and projects
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Bachelor's degree from a 4-year college/university
- Two to three years of relevant finance work experience required
- Knowledge of securities markets, products, behavior
- Understanding of modern portfolio theory and its application
- Experience with portfolio operations, including custodial relationships, portfolio accounting, performance, and reconciliation
- Familiarity with multi-factor risk models
- Prior work experience in a high-net-worth environment
- Background in client-facing functions
- Experience with SQL and VBA
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
For California and New York City only the salary range for this position is $109,000 - $130,000. Additionally, employees are eligible for an annual discretionary bonus, and benefits including heath care, leave benefits, and retirement benefits. BlackRock operates a pay-for-performance compensation philosophy and your total compensation may vary based on role, location, and firm, department and individual performance. Our benefits
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. Our hybrid work model
BlackRock's current hybrid work model is designed to enable in-person connections and collaboration that is core to our culture, while supporting increased flexibility for all employees. In line with local health guidance and regulations, employees are required to work at least 3 days in the office each week, with the flexibility to work from home up to 2 days a week. Some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. The health, safety and well-being of our people will always be our top priorities; we will continue to monitor local conditions and health advisories in making decisions about our work environments. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person's appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and also any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.