Automation and Software Defined Network Engineer
This position is responsible to help enhance network operations capability in fault detection, troubleshooting and recovery of network incidents through automation and tools in our rapidly evolving network infrastructure. We are looking for skilled candidate with a passion for networking and aptitude for developing advance scripts and improving existing automation tools to boost the capability of the network operations team in pre-emptive fault findings and early prevention in network outages through automation. Developing best practices/standards and keeping our network automation tools/scripts are up to date. This role is at the forefront of a software-defined revolution that will change the way we build and operate our network services to ensure agility, improved capabilities and better economics. Responsibilities:
- Write the tooling and generate code to make your own and other people's job easier.
- Contribute in projects to improve the network infrastructure and network operations in support of enterprise need
- Build APIs to collect and process system, application, network, and OS level events.
- Data and System Events analytics; translating the vast network events and data into dynamic dashboards capable of providing useful insights and fault assessment.
- Improving efficiency and effectiveness of existing network automation tools.
- Bridging the gap between infrastructure network engineer & software defined network engineers.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering or other related fields of study
- 5+ years of experience in software programming.
- Dev/Ops Knowledge: can demonstrate knowledge and varying levels of experiences with one or more of the following: Ansible, JSON, YANG and Rest API, Python, Kafka, Grafana, Machine Learning - e.g. Hadoop and clustered big data, Kubernetes, Docker, Data Visualization.
- Ability to parse data structures using python
- Experience with coding/scripting/automation/orchestration platforms(Python, Ansible), including interfacing with APIs
- Experience of managing code with GIT, Bitbucket branches
- Experience with Visual Studio Code and integration to tests and git
- Experience writing Ansible Playbooks in YAML
- Experience of how to use regex within python code
- Experience in Network monitoring tools (i.e., NetFlow Tracker, Elastic, and Splunk) is a plus
- Experience in Software Defined Network is a plus
- Basic level working knowledge of enterprise infrastructure networking.
- Large financial institution working experience is a plus.
- Industry certifications includes; CCNA, ITIL, etc is a plus
- IAC principles
- Microservices architectures & reasons for developing in such a way
- Data protection & classification for storage
- Basic ML techniques a bonus
Job Family Group:
- Ability to work with a limited set of requirements. Desire to mentor colleagues, spearhead new architectures, and drive team efforts
- Excellent communication and relationship skills, especially the ability to articulate advanced technical topics to both technical and non-technical staff
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills.
Technology Job Family:
Infrastructure Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting