Global Regulatory Reporting Solutions
Our Global Regulatory Reporting (GRRS) solution offers a one-stop, cross-asset solution to assist firms in meeting the demands of global regulatory reporting. The solution integrates all upstream platforms to provide a full reporting workflow for clients across submission, data management, reconciliation of reports, and monitoring tools. Flexible and customizable to clients' needs, our solution has been designed to meet existing and future trade reporting requirements. GRRS currently serves more than 500 customers for their global regulatory reporting obligations The team
The Business Development (BD) team works to identify, evaluate and execute on commercial opportunities through new product & service offerings, partnerships and strategic client engagements.
The BD team also owns the Go-to-Market (GTM) strategy on any new commercial offerings.
The BD team collaborates with senior leadership in GRRS across Sales, Product, Marketing, Customer Experience and Technology. Additionally, the team works very closely with the broader Network & Regulatory Solutions division as well as the corporate partners and alliances teams. The role
We are looking for a motivated, enthusiastic, and entrepreneurial individual with an interest in regulatory trade and transition reporting and post trade services to be part of our business development team.
This role is open to be in Singapore, London or NY and will report directly to the Global Head of Business Development. Duties & Responsibilities
Job Requirements - "About You"
- Along with the BD team, set strategy and priority on internal and external product/services partnerships and set KPIs
- Identify client and market needs and provide feedback to relevant product groups
- Conduct market research on new trends, risks and opportunities
- Conduct market research and stay up to date in competitive landscape
- Track regulatory policy initiatives impacting our business
- Support sales on strategic client engagements
- Serve as the relationship manager and point of contact for partners
- Working with sales setting pricing strategy
- Drive new revenue, focusing on what's next for the business
- Engage in industry events (conferences, webinars, working groups)
Job Benefits - "What we offer"
- Ability to operate independently and proactively in an effort to source and progress new business
- Excellent listening, verbal, and written communication skills
- Capable of understanding customer pain points, define requirements and evaluate business opportunities and solutions around those.
- Critical thinker
- Relevant practical experience in post trade services or trade reporting
- Experienced in commercial development, GTM strategy and execution
- Fluent in English
- Strong knowledge of common Office tools, particularly PPT
- Experience in high growth business areas/functions
- Must have solid understanding of financial markets, particularly derivatives.
- Must understand the trading and regulatory compliance ecosystem
- Must be detail-oriented, thorough, and able to use own initiative to solve problems
- Must have the ability to work well in a team ensuring that tasks are completed, and issues are followed up and closed
- Excellent time management and organizational skills are essential
- Clear, structured, and professional in both writing and speech
- Must gain a clear understanding and appreciation of the other functional teams that the candidate interacts with
- Must be curious, a problem solver and not afraid to question status quo
Equal Opportunity Employer:
- High growth business area, fast paced and entrepreneurial environment
- Autonomy and ability to interact with senior stakeholder
- Ability to help shape the direction and future state of the business
- Work with business leaders on market leading product
- Hybrid WFH/Office
- Flexible working hours
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.