The Finance Risk Data and Controls (FRDC) Technology organization is seeking strong engineer who wants to join an inspiring and curious team of technologists dedicated to improving the design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming that goes into creating high quality software and new products in Regulatory Reporting Technology
The ideal candidate enjoys building, supporting, and the evolution of software applications, and has a strong understanding of designing and building applications in a variety of technologies as well as manage communication with stakeholders. In this role, a successful candidate will:
- Manage and support a portfolio of production applications which includes vendor, in-house, on premise, and Oracle Financial product OFSAA/Reveleus (EPM)
- Make sound architectural decisions around Regulatory Reporting application components
- Identify gaps and weaknesses in existing applications and design and implement remediation of these gaps
- Engage with development team throughout the life cycle to help develop solutions for reliability and scale, ensuring minimal refactoring or changes
- Design automated software, testing, and product upgrades, change management, release management solutions
- Work to improve the stability of applications in the production environment
- Ensure changes to the applications follow a disciplined change management processes including all documentation, reviews, and approval steps
- Ensure adherence to design and coding standards
- Define and execute test cases for quality of deliverables
- Liaise with stakeholders from various teams which includes Finance, Corporate Controllers, Product Controllers within the region as well as global for all cycles (development, testing, implementation, post release)
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science/Finance or equivalent.
- 5 years or more of experience in SQL, preferable in Oracle PL/SQL.
- Good product knowledge of Reveleus/OFSAA (Implementation/ Upgradation )
- Hands on experience in writing complex SQL queries and defining DB objects.
- Good Knowledge on Stored Procedures/Packages, Functions and Triggers.
- Strong Unix and Shell scripting knowledge.
- Three years or more in Python or Java or equivalent development experience.
- Understanding of Agile methodology and leveraging SDLC tools to improve development and testing efficiency (JIRA, Jenkins, GIT etc.).
- Self-motivated team player.
- Must possess the ability to research and resolve issues independently while working across teams to acquire needed information.
- Strong analytical & problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work under pressure within agreed timelines and support multiple tasks in parallel.
- Passionate about new technologies and building a culture of innovation, continuous learning and improvement.
- Exposure to Cloud based application development platform such as AWS/Azure/GCP is a plus