At M&G our purpose is to help people manage and grow their savings and investments, responsibly.
As a business, we are continuing to take steps towards a sustainable future, delivering better long-term solutions for our customers and clients and identifying new opportunities to make a positive impact for our environment and communities . To help us achieve our vision we're looking for exceptional people who live our values of care and integrity and who can inspire others; embrace change; deliver results and keep it simple.
We will consider flexible working arrangements for any of our roles and also offer work place accommodations to ensure you have what you need to effectively deliver in your role. The Role:
You will be joining a newly created team within M&G Wealth Advice, supervising and helping Financial Advisers and Adviser firms develop in a number of ways from building long term relationships, business development, expanding and growing whilst ensuring businesses and Advisers stay aligned with our corporate objectives. We are looking for you to have experience in building relationships in a business to business environment, regulatory supervision role for self-employed advisers along with coaching and developing advisers and their businesses.
By joining this new team, you can help shape the role going forward along with supporting the change programme we have as a business to achieve the exciting growth plans we are all working towards. You will be in a key role to ensure we're meeting our regulatory requirements and supporting our Advisers to thrive.
Travel would be on the needs of the advisers you work with along with occasional travel to the regional offices in the UK (London, Edinburgh) Key Responsibilities for this Role :
Key Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Coach and develop the individual advisers within your Spans of control (SPOC), being the first port of call for any queries and ensure they further increase their skills, knowledge and ability to best meet their goals
- Perform the regulatory role of Supervisor for a cohort of advisers within The Advice Partnership (TAP) carrying out audit activities to adhere to the Training and Competency Scheme set by the Risk and Controls area.
- Build long standing quality, long standing business to business relationships with new and existing business owners and Advisers within TAP
- Provide consultative and business development expertise to support the Appointed Representatives business plans whilst sharing best practises across the business.
- Carry out root cause analysis whilst evaluating and monitoring performance of ARs
- Provide oversight of new starters in the business
- Deliver programme of development to Advisers within your SPOC, including ensuring all competence testing and ongoing training is completed timely and to the relevant standards
- Deliver and embed training for business or regulatory change to cohort of advisers
- Use judgement to strengthen our positive risk and control culture, by identifying, assessing and managing risk within your SPOC and business area
- Contribute to the businesses governance framework whilst mitigating risk across your population of Advisers contractual or disciplinary issues in respect of advisers.
- Previous experience of building relationships in a business to business environment
- A background in working as or closely to a regulatory supervision role for self employed advisers
- Experience of coaching and developing self employed advisers and their businesses
- Strong knowledge of the financial advice market, including products and services
- Previous exposure to conflict and delivering difficult or unpopular messages
- L4 Diploma for Financial Advisers - Achieved or very close to completing
We have a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture at M&G plc, underpinned by our policies and our employee-led networks who provide networking opportunities, advice and support for the diverse communities our colleagues represent. Regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, nationality or disability we are looking to attract, promote and retain exceptional people. We also welcome those who take part in military service and those returning from career breaks.