Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels. Job Responsibilities
- Collaborate and work with Engineering team to develop technical solutions, plans and configuration, in response to requirements from Business and Application teams. Deliver to the deployment team for execution.
- Establish configuration standard and design guideline for UNIX and system software, covering availability, performance, resilience, monitoring, backup and recovery functional areas.
- Provide technical assistance to development team and operation teams.
- Good in writing scripts using perl,ksh and phyton.
- Troubleshoot and drive system recovery. Escalate problems with actual or potential major impact to problem management and IMS management. Perform root cause analysis and ensure planned actions are carried out to prevent recurrence. Must be proactive and possess a sense of urgency during service recovery
- Lead and control the delivery of outsourcer technical team of system administrators.
- Ensure the supportability of the OS and system software. Plan and lead upgrade projects.
- Review and approve change requests. Supervise execution for major change
- Conduct performance analysis and tuning
- Track and drive patch management for all OS software. Track, plan and drive software upgrades to ensure continuous supportability.
- Manage backup and recovery
- Establish adequate monitoring to ensure efficient and reliable service delivery
- Apply new technology and process to improve system supportability, recoverability, availability and performance.
- Provide operational excellence and skills on OS and system software to support various project phases (requirement gathering, design, procurement, implementation and hand-over to operations).
- Provide technical guidance and mentoring to help develop less experienced engineers.
- Support audit and compliance activities.
- Conduct capacity planning and performance management.
- Ready to work in 24*7 Shift and monitoring the email and alert notifications.
- Possess good technical knowledge of AIX, operating system and system services (volume manager, file system, NTP, DNS, clustering, SSH, TSM, ITM etc).
- Experience in troubleshoot and performance tuning of AIX.
- Experience in implementing and operating AIX server clustering such HAMCP , GPFS .
- Data communication and network knowledge.
- Experience in middleware and application execution in the UNIX environment is an added advantage
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.