The candidate should have strong knowledge of the full trade cycle including other functions performed within the Transfer Agency operations, as well as the responsibilities of the Administrator and the Custodian. The candidate is required to have strong knowledge and extensive practical experience of the following core TA processes:
- Client/Distributor/Investor on-boarding, AML/KYC documentation & administration, and data management
- Transaction processing & investor servicing
- Cash & trade settlement processing
- CPF / SRS
- Corporate action processing
- Reporting of shareholder trade activity to the fund accountant and fund custodian
- Bank account reconciliation
- Foreign exchange dealing & execution
- Periodic client & investor reporting
The candidate should also have experience in the following responsibilities of the Transfer Agent:
- Review of fund prospectuses, operating memorandums and key fund documentation
- Fund launches and implementation
- Client conversions
- Client change request management
- Client & vendor management
- Oversight and risk control management for domestic and outsourced functions
- Managing client due diligence visits
- Awareness of regulatory and industry change and how it impacts the business
- Oversee day-to-day operations of one or multiple teams and ensure teams meet performance, service quality and service delivery expectations.
- Manage staff resource allocation while assisting the department head with the development and oversight of the department budget.
- Resolve complex and highly variable issues with significant departmental impact.
- Oversee the volume, quality, integrity, timeliness and delivery of complex deliverables.
- Analyze issues with transaction capture and related functions where direction is needed, and actions must be recommended / taken.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures and support a range of internal and external clients and e nsure that essential procedures are followed and contribute to defining workflow standards.
- Oversee performance of operational activities and define, develop, implement and track Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Identify opportunities to improve processes, client service, control, and cost reduction and implement improvements.
- Conduct discovery and due diligence activities with clients to solve complex client queries.
- Evaluate staff performance and make recommendations for training/development, pay increases, hiring, terminations and other personnel actions.
- Contribute to the objectives of the Transfer Agency operations in the region.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
The following aspects of the role as a team manager are also important: People Management:
This role is for a people manager and in addition to managing the daily responsibilities of the team, the candidate will also be required to build an effective working relationship with and between the team members and to guide them in their tasks. Regular effective one to one sessions with direct reports are required and a planned approach to staff development is a key part of the role. Control Environment:
The candidate will be expected to identify issues or inefficiencies within the team and to build a strong, controlled working environment, concentrating on error prevention and mitigation. Relationship and Network Building:
The candidate will also be expected to focus on building relationships with the Citi TA vendors and other Citi locations that perform tasks on behalf of the HK TA, with the clients and other business partners both internally and externally. The candidate will act as the Transfer Agency Single Point of Contact for the vendor and sites performing TA responsibilities on behalf of our clients for HK and will require strong skill sets and experience in respect of:
- Acting as key relationship and escalation point for the vendors/other Citi locations across all TA functions, taking end-to-end responsibility for the TA relationship.
- Manage change with these business partners to ensure a controlled change environment
- Engage in proactive added-value communication with the vendors/other Citi locations, and conduct briefings within TA to build awareness across the teams.
- Understand the requirements of oversight and control of 3rd party outsourced functions and the importance of adhering to regulatory obligations.
This is a managerial role and is an ideal position for a candidate with strong TA and management experience to excel in their career in the fund services and fund administration space, particularly in relation to client servicing and relationship management, back office support and the oversight of outsourced/offshored functions & activities.
The role will also present opportunities for involvement in departmental and inter departmental initiatives which are outside the daily tasks performed by the team.
The role will provide opportunity to the candidate to participate in cross-functional initiatives, and being part of the regional management team within TA operations and across Funds Administration. Knowledge / Experience:
The candidate should have over 8 years of working experience and preferably within Transfer Agency operations or in a Transfer Agency support role e.g. Transfer Agency project management and should have been in a people management position for at least 3 years. Having an industry knowledge of Transfer Agency services and operations in Singapore as well as the APAC region and an extensive industry experience in fund administration space is a benefit. Skills:
In addition to a strong knowledge of TA operations and the Funds Industry as outlined above, the candidate also needs to display strong interpersonal skills, communication skills, people management skills and time management skills. The candidate also needs to be able to work independently on projects or sub sets of projects and effectively represent the TA function operationally. Due to the nature of the oversight of the outsourced/offshored functions, the candidate should have strong regulatory and compliance background and a good understanding of local regulatory obligations and requirements. Qualifications:
Candidates should be educated to 3rd level. Professional qualifications are preferred but not mandatory
- 5 - 10 years of experience, preferably in a related role
- Subject Matter Expert in multiple or specific skill sets, business areas or products preferred
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Ability to work under pressure and manage deadlines
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Attention to detail and intermediate problem solving skills
1. Core Skills & Competencies:
- Delivery of high quality service to internal and external customers;
- Manage the delivery of the team's tasks in a timely, accurate and in a controlled environment, ensuring priority items are identified and dealt with in a prompt manner.
- Display effective organisation skills in order to manage competing priorities.
- Liaise effectively with other parties, both internally and externally and communicate in a professional manner at all times.
- Represent the TA in a competent and professional manner with external vendors and clients.
- Represent the TA in the regular service calls with external vendors and outsource business partners
- Provide an excellent standard of service to our clients both internally and externally.
- Identify and assume ownership of issues;
- Take responsibility for assigned tasks and prioritise to ensure expectations are met.
- Display effective delegation skills, focusing on developing individuals within your team.
- Co-ordinate and maintain a calendar of tasks for the team, ensuring the team meets the deadlines agreed.
- Co-ordinate or act as TA representative on larger projects, as requested.
- Become actively involved in the development of the business by involvement in initiatives such as new business take on
- Implement effective risk awareness within the team, ensuring each member of the team adheres to all documented controls
2. People and self-management:
- Display effective delegation skills, focusing on developing individuals within your team.
- Display effective people management skills with a proven record of managing both strong and weak performers
- Ability to build a strong and trusted working relationship with your team and colleagues
- Completion of all assigned training and management of your own training path by identifying personal training needs and opportunities.
#LI-HYBRID Job Family Group:
Operations - Transaction Services Job Family:
Cash Management Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting