The Company Lunalogic, Consultancy company providing innovative services in the whole Finance value chain (Asset Managers, Banks and Insurances), is looking for an experienced Trading Applications Developer Since 2000, our expertise is acknowledged by most famous financial institutions, based on a high selective recruitment process covers the following areas :
- Quant/Risk Management
- Regulatory advisory
- Trade life cycle (pmo ,process optimization and financial tools)
- Training academy.
- Digital et data management
We are based in Paris, London, Hong Kong and Casablanca. Lunalogic is engaged in integrating sustainable development, quality and performance approach and create that position to strengthen its IT Financial Team in London.
Job description : Full time position within Lunalogic UK Ltd, based in London. As a junior Front Office Rapid Application Developer you will work on high value-added missions within the Global Markets IT Risk, P&L department (GM RiPL) of our clients to provide flexible, scalable and tailored software applications to our client Business users: Front Office (trading, sales and structuring), Control and Support teams where necessary (MO, Risk, Product Control, BO). The role is hands on and the candidate will develop and manage some of the projects from A to Z.
Department Global Markets IT Risk, P&L department (GM RiPL) is in charge of developing applications to support systems for Risk, P&L, and the management of Referential data for Global Markets.
Risk is a compass for many aspects of the business, and we develop systems to assess and report on this, providing risk assessment tools for all trades across all asset classes traded by a full service investment bank. These overnight or real-time tools incorporate a large element of modelling and draw on the work of the quantitative research teams. To compute all the necessary indicators, they need the huge processing power of the bank's computation farm.
The P&L systems are designed to assess how much money the bank makes or loses, and why. We support management in analyzing issues such as whether the results are due to market trends or trading strategy, or whether traders are completing a few high-risk, high-margin trades or a large volume of low-risk, low-margin ones.
- Work as a business aligned RAD developer in the front office Technology team.
- Work on the enhancement and maintenance of the RAD FO reporting, market data contribution, risk and PnL framework.
- Use Rapid Application Development techniques for quick turn-around of high-profile projects.
Qualifications Experience & Skills
- Previous experience of front-office risk and PnL support and development.
- Good understanding of fixed income products.
- Good knowledge of JAVA/ C#, C++ Python, Excel / VBA, SQL (SQL Server, Oracle).
- Candidates with proven experience should also have had good exposure to derivatives, ideally in a front-office facing role, and an in-depth understanding of the business.
- Solid grasps of JAVA / C# / Python, with a good knowledge of its ecosystem.
- Highly motivated to work directly for a front-office IT team.
- Proactive and flexible approach to dealing with challenges.
- Strong communication and analytical skills - able to work with trading desks, business management, Quantitative Research and IT teams to build and deliver solutions.
- Analytical Skills - ability to follow complex quantitative concepts.
- Able to work independently and deliver when under pressure and time constraints.
- Acts with discipline.
- Be a role model, supporting and fostering a culture of good conduct.
- Demonstrate proactivity, transparency and accountability for identifying and managing conduct risks.
- Consider the implications of your actions on colleagues, partners and clients before making decisions, and escalate issues to the manager when unsure.