The Human-Centred Design team in Technology work with hundreds of organisations worldwide to deliver outcomes that benefit users, consumers and employees and ultimately unlock business value through technology. The beauty of our approach is that it can be applied to any industry or market; we strategize, we discover, we hypothesise, we ideate, we test, we iterate, we deliver and, at every step, we put people and their needs at the heart of our decisions.
Come and challenge our clients to embrace change as we do, continually pushing the boundaries of what is possible. Whether creating new products or helping a business become more relevant to its customers, you'll be part of a team of creators who design and build with passion and enthusiasm, on deep foundations of research, collaboration and technical capability.
• You are inquisitive, have a passion for design and thrive on challenges
• You are creative and adaptive with a keen mind for collaboration
• You are mature with a lid on your ego and have a good sense of humour
• You enjoy working across a broad range of products, domains, sectors and industries
• Lead design work streams (managing people and quality of deliverables)
• Project planning, reporting, estimation, and resourcing
• Ideate and create (or oversee) UX deliverables such as personas, journey maps, IA and wireframes
• Create rich high-fidelity compositions incorporating user-experience methodologies
• Create and manage deliverable documentation such as style-guides and visual implementation guides
• Coach peers and junior designers for skills advancement and design process education
• Communicate strategies, design and processes with colleagues, clients and stakeholders
• Build and maintain collaborative relationships with clients, peers, and stakeholders
• Define and maintain ownership of process enhancements and toolkits
• Support business development initiatives
• Adhere to and promote KPMG values and our team ethos to "do the right thing, and do it right"
• Adhere to and promote accessibility standards and ethical design principles
• Adhere to and promote Information Security related processes, procedures and role-based responsibilities
Desired skills and experience
• Significant design-related experience (various industries and B2B experience is a bonus)
• Demonstrable experience of solving complex problems using various design methodologies
• Expertise in a wide range of research techniques and execution of related deliverables
• Expert at executing HCD deliverables, inc. research and design strategies, IA, personas, journey maps, wireframes and designs
• Ability to design and lead workshops with all levels of participants (users to C-levels and execs)
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate, sell, defend, and receive feedback on work
• Exceptional consulting skills that include leading design-related conversations, surfacing project requirements, building and nurturing good relationship, and fostering environments for open, productive collaboration
• Strong leadership skills, coaching Designers, Analysts, and Development teams on the execution of design related activities
• Skilled in common design tools; Figma, Sketch, Adobe CC (Photoshop, Illustrator) etc.
• Experience with at least one rapid prototyping tool such as Axure, Invision, Proto.io etc.
• Experience with working in a multi-disciplinary Agile environment (in-house or agency)
• Awareness and interest in current technology and design trends
• Strong self-motivation and teamwork skills, with the ability to build momentum and pivot if needed
(InsideIR35) Negotiable rates