About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Senior Lead Securities Trader... In this role, you will:
- Lead the secured funding front to bank platform buildout for APAC
- Closely partner with APAC Markets and Banking team to develop and grow the current client base
- Develop a credible strategic plan to grow the APAC secured funding business in medium and long term
- Identify opportunities for the current platform and proactively drive the platform buildout for growth
- Actively involve in day to day transaction executions, client engagements and related operation tasks
- As a subject matter expert work with support teams and provide guidance on all repo-related activities.
- Deliver financial results as well as optimize funding and collateral management requirements
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with multiple internal partners, including Regional Management, Risk, Compliance, Products, and the Global Sales and trading team.
- Work closely with CIB Multi-Currency Funding and Treasurers on executing liquidity strategies
- Work with the support partners to lead the secured funding platform to operate under a sound risk and control framework
- Provide feedback on customer demand and make recommendations to drive product innovation
- 7+ years of Securities Trading experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
We Value Diversity
- University Degree or advanced qualifications and equivalent experience
- Extensive proven experience with Securities and investment banking experience
- Experience in secured funding trading and extensive product knowledge
- Strong sense of urgency and commitment as well as a strong business sense with a strategic and tactical orientation.
- In depth understanding of technological, risk and regulatory trends impacting secured funding business
- Technical expertise in regulatory, compliance, and risk management issues.
- Strong experience in developing and execution of business strategies.
- Ability to analyze data and use for decision-making and managing initiatives.
- Successful track record in systematically executing initiatives using project management disciplines.
- Highest level of integrity and good judgement and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Strong stakeholder skills and ability to work and lead across functions.
- Strong commercial judgement, excellent communication and influencing skills.
- Comfortable working in a matrix organizational environment and partnership skills.
- Strong financial modelling and analytical skills with great attention to detail, accuracy and an appetite towards change management
- Relevant Singapore license for dealing activities would be beneficial
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.