S&P Global Commodity Insights - Energy Advisory Services The Role: Associate Director, Energy Storage and Energy Transition
. The Location:
London or Paris The EMEA Energy Storage and Energy Transition Consulting Team
advise a wide range of clients on how to invest in and set strategy for the Energy Transition
. Clients include Private, Public and National Energy & Power companies, Battery manufacturers, Financial Institutions and Private Capital Groups, Governments, Major industrial players, Car Manufacturers and many more. This role will contribute
to and lead the execution of our team's projects for private and public sector clients with a focus on energy storage/battery sector. This includes, but is not limited to, assessing battery technology value chains, evaluating investment opportunities, assessing market entry opportunities, analyzing cost and pricing, reviewing market trends, liaising with our transportation business line as well as our battery research team. The role will also contribute to and lead other wide-ranging engagement in the Energy Transition space. The successful candidate will have the opportunity
to help build and grow a team in energy storage/battery advisory for the European market. Moreover, you will work with a dynamic team of consultants and experts with wide-ranging backgrounds in energy and the energy transition. The varied and changing nature of our projects leads to development of a diverse set of skills, and exposure to different industries and clients, including senior industry leaders and policy makers. Responsibilities:
What We're Looking For:
- Effectively manager entire consulting projects or significant workstreams within a larger project, under the direction of the project manager or project director
- Manage project resources and progress against the project plan to ensure on-time delivery of a quality set of products
- Demonstrate expertise in the relevant industry or work process, become a recognized expert on chosen topics of interest within the team and the broader organization
- Challenge ideas and influence others in the team
- Build consensus across the groups with competing priorities within the project team
- Efficiently review analysis and modelling efforts done by other team or project team members and provide feedback for improvement
- Participate in client or industry events and share key takeaways that impact the consulting team's work and priorities
- Participate in client meetings and lead the presentation of a project's reports
- Support and/or lead business development efforts in the Battery/Energy Storage space
The Company: S&P Global delivers essential intelligence that powers decision making.
- Ten years or more of experience in industry, consulting, or finance environments. 5-10 years of experience in batteries and/or energy storage, either supporting clients as a consultant or for an active company in the value chain is a must
- Experience in management consulting will be a significant plus
- Once priorities are agreed, the ability to work with autonomy with minimal direction is preferrable
- Minimum qualifications are BSc. in finance, economics, or business, engineering, or similar degrees. A post-graduate degree (especially MBA) is a plus.
- Strong written and oral presentation skills in English (Other European Languages is a plus).
- Must have an analytical frame of mind and prepared to use data to back up opinions.
- Some travel is required average around 20% of time (but could occasionally be more)
- Ability to work well in a team-oriented environment providing ideas and open feedback.
We provide the world's leading organizations with the right data, connected technologies and expertise they need to move ahead. As part of our team, you'll help solve complex challenges that equip businesses, governments and individuals with the knowledge to adapt to a changing economic landscape. S&P Global Commodity Insights
enables organizations to create long-term, sustainable value with data and insights for a complete view on the global energy and commodities markets. S&P Global Commodity Insights - Energy Advisory Services
is a leading provider of strategic, market, and technical advice to energy companies, investors, and government entities.
----------------------------------------------- Equal Opportunity Employer:
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.