S&P Global Ratings
Director, Infrastructure Ratings
The EMEA Practice has a Director opening and is looking to fill it as soon as possible. The successful candidate will be based in Milan, London, Paris or Frankfurt and the main responsibility will be to provide analytical oversight and management of Corporate entities and Project Finance transactions in Europe, Middle East and Africa. You will establish yourself as a leader with focus on excellence in analytics and client service. The role requires also to act as a process role model, setting measurable targets, setting priorities, problem solving and helping to improve and enhance rating's process and procedures.
At S&P Global Ratings, your analytical opinion truly matters and each person who works here has an essential role in our reputation of integrity, transparency, and ratings excellence. S&P Global Ratings plays a vital role in bringing transparency and comparability to the financial markets and helps investors and others measure and manage credit risk. By supporting capital markets, S&P Global Ratings helps people grow businesses, cities and states to build highways and hospitals, and manufacturers to build factories and create jobs.
The successful applicant will have the opportunity to further expand analytical excellence on an ongoing basis as we aim to encompass achievement within a working environment that is rewarding, stimulating and where there is a constant focus on building skills and competencies through learning.
The Career Opportunity or what's in it for you:
Infrastructure finance is one of the fastest growing sectors of the capital markets and is a key funding source and growth driver for many areas of the economy. If you are interested in helping to facilitate this growth while challenging yourself in a fast-paced environment, this is the right position for you. It offers the opportunity to work in a collegial culture with great potential for professional development and career growth. To succeed, you must be comfortable with quantitative analysis and have a knack for problem solving. In addition, this role provides a great opportunity to be exposed to a range of markets and asset types.
The Team / The Business
You will report to the Head of Infrastructure, EMEA, and be working closely with the EMEA IFR Lead Analysts and a number of highly experienced industry specialists, not only in the region but globally.
The Global Infrastructure Practice was established by S&P Global Ratings to expand our ratings franchise in an area of strong growth and to leverage our significant global infrastructure expertise across the full range of infrastructure and energy asset classes. Analytical team members reside in 16 locations globally and work on a diverse range of transactions applying different ratings criteria.
As important as the pure professional background is the personal and cultural fit. S&P Global's culture can be described as highly integrated & collegiate. As a firm, we work supporting each other to deliver the best solutions to clients.
The Director provides analytical oversight to junior analysts, ensures consistency in the analysis and undertakes rigorous analytical work. Is proficient in conducting research and fundamental credit analysis, working with financial models and forecasts, and writing analytical reports on rated different infrastructure asset classes. It is also a representative of S&P's views in front of media, clients, investors and market participants. The successful candidate is able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment, possess strong interpersonal and communication skills, is customer-oriented, and demonstrates excellent presentation skills.
Your responsibilities require:
• Excellent understanding of corporate and project finance analysis
• Understanding of the infrastructure asset class
• Deep understanding financial analysis and preparing detailed forecasts
• Researching information that supports the analysis and commentaries
• Supporting the team by leading visual management and capacity management tools
• Modeling the leadership behaviors
• Owning problems and spearheading problem solving in order to foster a continuous improvement mentality
• Understanding and implementing S&P's Policies and SOPs
• Participating in special projects within the Global Infrastructure Practice as appropriate
The role includes eventual travelling and on-the-job training.
• Bachelor degree holder of Business, Economics, Finance, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related subject
• Credit risk experience of at least 7 years within a large commercial bank, investment bank, investing institution/asset manager, rating agency, or an audit company.
• Strong analytical skills with a deep understanding of financial statement analysis and accounting concepts
• Strong financial modeling and excel skills
• Understanding of and experience with legal transaction documentation
• Proficiency with calculations and the ability to maintain accuracy and be detail oriented while complying with strict and tight deadlines
• Ability to multi-task and manage deadlines under time pressure
• Experience in managing, interpreting, and synthesizing data for analytical purposes
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Team player with excellent time management skills
• Attention to detail is essential.
• Project management skills
• Fluent in English (other languages are a plus)
• Diligent and intellectually curious, self-starter with a strong work ethic and a drive to succeed
• Adaptability and ability to accept and learn from criticism
• Conduct with a strong professional behavior
Return to Work:
Have you taken time out for caring responsibilities and are now looking to return to work? As part of our Return to Work initiative, we are encouraging enthusiastic and talented returners to apply, and will actively support your return to the workplace.
Grade: 13 (for internal purposes)
S&P Global delivers essential intelligence that powers decision making. We provide the world's leading organizations with the right data, connected technologies and expertise they need to move ahead. As part of our team, you'll help solve complex challenges that equip businesses, governments and individuals with the knowledge to adapt to a changing economic landscape.
S&P Global Ratings offers critical insights for credit, risk and sustainable finance solutions that are essential to translating complexity into clarity, so market participants can uncover opportunities.
S&P Global has a Securities Disclosure and Trading Policy ("the Policy") that seeks to mitigate conflicts of interest by monitoring and placing restrictions on personal securities holding and trading. The Policy is designed to promote compliance with global regulations. In some Divisions, pursuant to the Policy's requirements, candidates at S&P Global may be asked to disclose securities holdings. Some roles may include a trading prohibition and remediation of positions when there is an effective or potential conflict of interest. Employment at S&P Global is contingent upon compliance with the Policy.
Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
US Candidates Only: The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
202 - Middle Professional (EEO Job Group) (inactive), 20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), RATNGS202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group)
Job ID: 278357
Posted On: 2022-11-08
Location: Milan, Agrigento, Italy