Systematic Trading Data Engineer - Billion $ Hedge FundFlexible salary above 100k + strong bonuses + amazing benefitsVisa Sponsorship Available
I'm currently working with a world-leading Hedge Fund who are looking for the most talented Data Engineers on the market. They've just received billions of pounds in funding to build out their own Systematic Trading Platform from scratch, which is currently one of the most high-profile greenfield projects in the industry. Responsibilities:
Day to day the Data Engineer will be designing software to automate the delivery of tidy data to meet research requirements, whilst learning about the datasets and data manipulation techniques used by world class investment management professionals. They are building codebases for:
- Pipelines that collect, enrich, derive and store a diverse range of content
- Tooling to schedule, monitor and manage content
- APIs to deliver content
- Performance optimizations, caching layers, automation improvements, etc.
- Financial domain knowledge in either Equity / Fixed Income / Crypto (essential)
- 3+ years of work experience within a data engineering or software engineering role
- Strong Python development skills
- Experience with common SDLC practices continuous integration/deployment, system design, agile, etc.
- Experience with SQL and/or time-series database technologies
- Skills in other languages such as Java, C++, C#, R, Scala and Matlab considered a plus
- Experience working with financial datasets and/or enterprise financial vendor data products (preferred)