About Columbia Threadneedle Investments
You'll find the promise we make to our clients is the same one we make to our employees: Your success is our priority.
Here, you'll find growth and career opportunities across all our businesses. We're intentionally built to help you succeed. Our reach is expansive with a global team of 2,000 people working together. Our expertise is diverse with more than 450 investment professionals sharing global perspectives across all major asset classes and markets. Our clients have access to a broad array of investment strategies and we have the capability to create bespoke solutions matched to clients' specific requirements.
Columbia Threadneedle is a people business and we recognise that our success is due to our talented people, who bring diversity of thought, complementary skills and capabilities. We are committed to providing an inclusive workplace that supports the diversity of our employees and reflects our broader communities and client-base. We welcome applications from returners to the industry.
We appreciate that work-life balance is an important factor for many when considering their next move so please discuss any flexible working requirements directly with your recruiter. Job Purpose Statement
Where you'll fit in & what our team goals are....
You will have overall responsibility for the smooth running of the Private Equity Team of 11. Provide confidential secretarial support to the Head of the Private Equity (HoPE).
You'll be working closely with the HoPE to ensure smooth
running of their diary and coordination of all materials / documentation necessary for trips and meetings.
Administration with limited direction from team head to ensure smooth running of the department, organise for arrival of new team members, process of necessary systems, administrative tasks to enable the team to carry out their duties and provide support in producing regular board papers, valuation papers, presentations for marketing, organisation of travel and documents for all UK and overseas trips.
Make good judgement calls on a daily basis on ad hoc decisions and duties. Due to the nature of this role, you'll have regular contact with board members, shareholders, key clients, investors, advisers and internal senior management of CTI both UK and globally. Role Responsibilities How you'll spend your time....
Key Capabilities To be successful in this role you will have....
- Schedule of appointments, diary management, preparation of correspondence, co-ordination of daily meetings
- Preparation of all arrangements for the F&CECP and F&CECP II LP Annual Investor Meeting and bi- annual advisory committee meetings.
- Preparation of valuations reports on quarterly basis for F&CPET board meetings and presentations for shareholders.
- Organisation and preparation of materials for the annual PET Team Offsite strategy meetings.
- Coordinate maintenance of extensive filing, space management and archiving of legal and historical data. Ensure capacity for new space filing for materials related to fund raising and eventually new fund documents and legals.
- Make judgement calls on requests for meetings/ calls with Head of Team as to whether they would wish to meet/ speak with on weekly/daily basis.
- Manage team heads diary and ever increasing request for meetings, daily email correspondence quietly and efficiently.
- Liaise with key clients, contacts, advisers and internal CTI staff both in UK and now globally.
- Make extensive travel arrangements as cost effective as possible, whilst retaining some flexibility for last minute changes.
- Handle day-to-day 'housekeeping' of the team, ie: weekly meetings, cash and credit card expenses.
- Maintaining excel spreadsheet recording all expenses. Work closely with company secretarial to ensure all that recoverables are noted and processed to correct codes. Ensure third party invoices logged, paid and recorded.
- Maintain the private equity team BCP documents and ensure the contact list is kept up to date. Attend Disaster Recovery annually. Each year taking another member of the team to the site so eventually everyone is aware of the requirements in the event of a disaster
- Daily process of emails/correspondence support to the Head of the Team.
- Manage junior secretary workload and training.
- Ensure training kept up to date on word/excel/powerpoint and ensure team complete all mandatory training.
- Work closely with marketing team to ensure the private equity team materials are up to date.
- Calm disposition, confidential / professional manner, ability to multitask
- Previous senior secretarial experience
- High knowledge of Microsoft Office to effectively carry out all duties