Bovill is an independent, specialist financial services regulatory consultancy with a global offering. We specialise in helping clients solve difficult and interesting problems, so we look for people who thrive on intellectual challenge, can roll up their sleeves to delve into issues and get satisfaction from helping clients, conduct a thorough analysis of a problem and translate that into practical advice.
The Capital Markets team give specialist advice on detailed regulatory requirements through to delivering complex regulatory implementation projects. The team also participates in marketing and business development, technical research and producing technical materials.
Our clients range from Regulated Markets, CCPs, CSDs, MTF/OTFs, Investment Banks to specialist Brokers. We help our clients deal with the challenge of market focussed regulation, including EMIR, MiFID II and MAR.
We are now looking for a highly motivated, proactive yet disciplined compliance associate to join our team in providing high quality, specialist advice to our clients.
Successful applicants will have:
- At least 2 years demonstrable compliance experience in a trading venue, Investment Bank, legal practice or other professional services company.
- Demonstrate deep understanding of both the business issues in this sector across a range of asset classes, as well as the key regulatory challenges faced including EMIR, MiFID II, and MAR
- Proven experience of best execution and transaction reporting practices
- Familiarity with the key aspects of EU rules and the FCA handbook
- A broad understanding and an appetite to keep learning.
When the opportunity arises, you may also be required to assist other teams and clients on a wider range of regulatory matters, so you'll be keen to develop your knowledge across the spectrum and be willing to collaborate on work outside of your main areas of expertise.
Given the technical nature of the work we do, exceptional written and oral communication skills, and high attention-to-detail are paramount.
Some of the areas you can expect to assist clients in include:
- Drafting and maintaining policies, procedures and compliance monitoring programmes
- Developing training materials and assisting in delivering training sessions
- Assisting with authorisations
- Assisting with regulatory matters including authorisation applications and variations of permission
- Carrying out compliance health checks and periodic monitoring
- Responding to ad-hoc and routine regulatory queries.
You will have the opportunity to attend relevant industry events to build your network and promote the Bovill brand. In addition, you will be able to participate in and, where relevant, help to present at Bovill events and training sessions, such as client briefings on topical regulatory issues and roundtable events aimed at compliance professionals to enable you to engage with and build Bovill's client base.
In return we offer:
- The opportunity to work in an entrepreneurial, fast moving, stimulating environment
- Strong career development support - mentoring, coaching, relevant training and development - to enable your progression to consultant
- The opportunity to work closely with, and learn from, our team of regulatory experts who are truly committed to assisting your development
- A small informal company environment with minimal bureaucracy
- A competitive salary, performance-related discretionary bonus, and generous flexible benefits package
Bovill actively supports flexible working and are introducing a hybrid working practice. We welcome applications from candidates who wish to work part-time, flexible start & finish or compressed hours.